It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Avon tires for 16's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:10 pm 
I own a 750 sport and like most of us am in the same boat when it comes to tire choice. I remember reading from some German website that guy's were using some type of Avon tire for 16" rims .
Has anybody else heard of this ? I would be interested to know even if slight mods are required.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Avon tires for 16's
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:05 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1989
I use a Avon Tire on my PASO. Some modifications are required to use it because the tire is higher.
But I own a 750 Sport too and the Avon tire 150/80R16 is ok and require no modification.
Why do you want to use the Avon tire ? I had buy a Avon when the Michelin was not available ! Now the Michelin build the M59 at 2-3 month ago.

Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:20 am 
My bike came with the m59's and I found them to be pretty hard compared to the pirelli mp7s. The pirellis are a better tire in my point of view ,although they do wear quicker. I thought that the avon's might be a little softer than the m59s .Is that true ? Or are the avons just not as good a tire.
Since you own a sport have you found any online part suppliers by any chance ? My oil cooler ruptured once and to replace it was going to cost close to $500 can , and it took me forever just to find that . In the end I got it repaired.