It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fuel pump and Mikunis
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:25 pm 
After a useful chat with Derek and Geoff at Baines Racing I learned that all 600, 750 and 900 Mikuni equiped 2-valve desmos have exactly the same 38mm carbs, only the jets being different. They weren't sure if the manifolds are a direct fit but I have a set from a 900FE on the way so I shall let you know when they arrive.

What I forgot to ask is whether the Mikuni equiped Ducatis use a fuel pump or are gravity fed. Can anyone answer this?

Steve.

Post subject: Re: Fuel pump and Mikunis
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:50 pm 
speedtrifle wrote:
What I forgot to ask is whether the Mikuni equiped Ducatis use a fuel pump or are gravity fed. Can anyone answer this?

Steve.

I have the Mikuni's in mine and it does have a fuel pump, but I got the bike used and don't know if the fuel pump is required.

My shop manual shows the Webber carbs, which require a fuel pump. It has no information on the Mikuni.

If the fuel inlet on the carb is below the petcock valve you may not need a fuel pump, gravity may do the job.

Bill

Post subject: Re: Fuel pump and Mikunis
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:05 am 

I Use in my Paso 88 a pair of mikuni 38mm from a monster 750, with the original fuel pump, and they work very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:06 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988
The Mikuni BDST38 that equipped old Ducati Monsters unit uses a fuel pump. Differences between models are not only jets, but also the needle (5C19 on 900, 5CJ1 on 600/750).

Bye,

LC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:20 pm 
its usefull to have the fuel pump, because the lowest tankpoint and petcock is below the float-chamber. i mounted 900ss mikunis with fuelpump and the importend overfill return. works great ,specially if you know the weber shit. with the weber i floated always the cylinders, and all the other problems. thanks to gerhard !!! (paso 750)