possible paso sale

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

AUGDOG750

possible paso sale

Post by AUGDOG750 »

:sad: I am selling my paso 750. it is a project i can not undertake right now. my newborn son takes most of my time and money. i will be sad to see it go but it needs to go. i can not decide if i should sell it complete or part it out. it is a complete motorcycle, it runs, but it is stuck in 2nd gear. i have not taken anything appart to check it out (thats the project!) it needs a little cosmetic attention (its not perfect) but its all there.
any advice? if i part it out what should i sell as assmbleys? what do any of you need? i would certinly[sp] like to get as much money as i can but to save the headache of parting it out i would sell it whole for the right price.
i would like to see it stay local or at least in the states (local for me is wisconsin) but that is a secondary concern.
any thoughts? any offers? i know this should be in the classifids but im kind of looking for advice so i will post to the classified forum later.

thanks
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

It's really sad if you have to sell it , but worse to break it up. Re stuck in second - is your clutch working OK? With the bike on the mainstand and in second gear with the clutch pulled in, you should be able to turn the rear wheel with the little finger of your right hand. If not, check your fluid.
AUGDOG750

Post by AUGDOG750 »

Clutch is fine i can push it arround the shop with the clutch lever pulled in. i have bled the system with fresh fluid. i have tried most of the easy things it has to be a failure inside the cases. a bent shift dog, a jammed shift fork, a broken gear. or some such thing. thanks for the idea though.
coldduc

Post by coldduc »

do you have any pics of the bike & a price?
also how long to get it moved from your place?
thanks
tony
AUGDOG750

Post by AUGDOG750 »

pics soon... just bought a new dig cam trying to figure out how to post pics. where does it need to be moved to?