Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

a new man ...

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

my bike is back on the road! i feel like a new man! anyone know where i can get one?

just joking - straight as a die, i am. seriously though, thanks to gerhard and jcslocums wiring fix for the Paso starting problem, i was able to fire her up on christmas eve. she'd been off the road maybe six months. a real happy christmas!
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey skins,
how long have you had your bike and how many miles have you ridden it? i asked this question about riding impressions and maintenance issues b-4 i found mine.
i bought a '86-'87 cagiva 650 ss and liked it what little i've ridden it (about 100 miles) so i wondered about the bigger rubber band bikes.i have a poster that hung in the garage with a blond in a mens tank top with a 750 paso.always didn't really like the psao plastic tho, but the girl... anyway,looks like the plastic grew on me over the years.it's funny,i never liked the '75 860 gt's either and now i rather like my 907 and 860gt.gotta admit the 900 gts is a better looking bike to me,gave that one to my daughter tho.
the little i've ridden the 907 it's a thrill and then some.doesn't really fall around corners but i think that may be the wide rear tire.i'm used to smaller bikes for the most part,even the indians had marginal h.p. per 100 cc's.
your thoughts and riding impressions would be interesting to read because it's lookin' like a long winter for us yanks in the snowbelt.
regards,wiggs
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:lick:

A little relief here from the catastrophe on the shores of the Indian Ocean. Lets hope one result is closer ties between the people of that region and the rest of us.

Yes, wiggs, Italy gives us also the worlds most beautiful women … le donne piu belle. We have so much to thank them for.

I’ve had my pearl white for nearly six years, and have done just over twenty of the fifty-three thousand ks on her. I would have done more, but for most of the last two years, there were no new Michelin tyres available in New Zealand, and I just used to do weekend circuits of the hilly backstreets near where I live, away from the cops, because I couldn’t make her road-legal with tyres that looked like slicks.

I reckon the most important thing about any motorcycle is the motor. A certain kind of bike needs a certain kind of motor. Then, depending on how good is the basic design of motor and transmission, you will get the kind of power you want delivered in a way that is nice and smooth, or not so nice and smooth. With a 750 Ducati, if you’ve got the carburation right, the ignition timing right, the clutch right, and the chain adjustment right, you will have a very smooth motorcycle. Oscillations of the chain act as a shock-absorber, and twenty-five mm of chain slack (no less) make my bike very smooth.

The 16-inch wheels react to road undulations more than bigger wheels, but the weight of the Paso on its suspension give you a comfortable ride. The small wheels give you excellent low-speed stability – most of my riding is in city traffic – and even with the back as high as I can make it, to give quick steering, the bike is so low that when its on its side-stand, I can just kind of walk onto it, instead of climbing onto it. Comfort, easy riding, and performance are what I like about the Paso 750. I dont need any more power.

It uses more gas that I’d like, but I guess I could use less if I really wanted to. I could make the screen higher for highway riding, but I feel I must respect the bikes pure classic Italian beauty.

Then, if you’ve got good cans on it, theres that beautiful sound …
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

Skins wrote:Then, if you’ve got good cans on it, theres that beautiful sound …
since yours is a limited, do you have the 'off road use only' cans? i acquired a set of these and have them on paso #2 and they sound wonderful. i have staintunes on #1 and it's really hard to decide which i like better. once the stock carb and airbox are back on #1 ill have to listen to them side-by-side... for the dellortos make too much intake noise to even hear the exhaust.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

gidday mike

I'm not sure what limited means - mine was red when it came out of the factory. The guy who imported it had it repainted iridescent white/grey when it landed. I'm the second owner. I think about 200 white ones came out of the factory. Were they what is meant by limited?

It had Zorst cans on it, fitted by a South Island company (see my post in Aftermarket exhausts - 750 Paso discussion) when I got it. They have a small screw on top to turn the sound/back pressure up or down via a butterfly inside. Very good system, very strong. 916 stainless steel, lovely welding.

That sound comparison of your two ladies sounds sublime. Any chance of an audio file for us?