discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

ansim
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Dellorto & fuel regulator

Post by ansim »

Hello,

I saw in some guides for the Weber, that a fuel regulator is a good investment for the low rpm handling, decresing the pressure to 2.5-3.

Is it the same when the bike has Dellorto 40s mounted?

Will it be an advantage to mount a regulator and decrease the pressure?

//Anders
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Dellorto and fuel regulator

Post by Skins »

I read that the regulator fitment is to make the Weber work better. Your motor should run fine with Dellortos. Mine certainly does.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

You don't need the electric fuel pump if you run the Dell's. Both carbs are well below the fuel tap. The regulator helped with over pressurizing/filling the weber.
c-dogg

Post by c-dogg »

where can i pick up a regulator and for how much? my weber has been giving me fits with flooding so i think could use one
ansim

Post by ansim »

ok,

Thanks for the info Jon.

Then i will bypass the fuelpump.

BR
//Anders :thumbup:
Paul

PHM 40 Dell'ortos with a fuel pump

Post by Paul »

My Paso had twin PHM 40 Dell'ortos when I got it. It frequently floods if you leave the ignition on for too long. When idling, the tickover can sometimes drop and it will almost stall.

On the suggestion that you do not need the fuel pump with Dell'ortos I disconnected the fuel pump electrics and by-passed it with a new pipe. The bike was almost unrideable as it seemed to be getting too little fuel. It was also very difficult to start and even needed the choke to start when it was warm. I have wired the fuel pump back in and put the old pipe back.

I was also interested to hear if anyone had had any success with a fuel regulator, particularly with Dell'ortos.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

After disconnecting the fuel pump you should have had the carbs set up properly to assure good running. If they were adjusted to compensate for the "over-pressure" of the pump then it would run like crap with it disconnected.

I doubt that any bike that came from the factory with the dellortos' installed had a fuel pump.

My .002
coldduc

fuel pump/pressure regulator

Post by coldduc »

remember that like Mikuni carbs, Dellortos have different size float needle orifices, depending on "pump or non pump" applications.
pump applications use smaller orifices than non pump carbs

both the Weber & dellortos & Mikunis, need a "bleed" jet in the return line to tank to combat pump overfeed (pressure) this is easily accomplished by using a y pipe with a #60 primary jet threaded into the pipe that goes to tank "return" line.

we have had excellent results replacing the stock fuel pump with the inexpensive Mikuni single feed vacumn pump as well. smaller, less likely to overwhelm floats, and much cheaper than replacement electric pump. still has ample volume for those bigmouth 40's you guys want to run.

on a weber that continually floods, you need to check for debris in float chamber, and a piched or blocked return line 1st thing

tony