Oilcoolers

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Johan_Oden

Oilcoolers

Post by Johan_Oden »

Hi!
I was wondering how you take of the oilcoolers on the side panels? I just can´t figer it out...
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Gidday Johan

The coolers have rubber caps on top and bottom, and just press fit into the panels. They can be very sticky to get out. You have to pull them out, best from the inside, so you dont damage the oil unions and, on the right, the electrical connections. Best to take the left one off first, and then tie and hang the cooler with string up to the front fairing support strut. Then you can see the right cooler and tie string to support it before taking off that panel.

When reassembling, a light coating of oil on the ruibber caps will help, and aid future removal.
Johan_Oden

Post by Johan_Oden »

Thank you!
c-dogg

Post by c-dogg »

just wondering, im am sans an upper bumper on one of my oil coolers. an air filter is doing the duty there right now but it is definitely not a long term fit. does anyone know where i could pick up one of those bumpers?
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

c-dogg,

phil sutton - of desmocycle@paradise.net.nz - is quite likely to have one, if you can't find one closer to home, and don't mind organising payment and freight from here. Have you tried a local dealer?