Wiring Mods

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

speedtrifle

Wiring Mods

Post by speedtrifle »

I have implemented Jon Slocomb's suggested wiring changes and starting is now much improved - thanks Jon.

I did make some changes to the design though.

1) I modified the wiring inside the starter/kill switch assembly so that the engine will not turn over if the kill switch is in the OFF position - not essential but removes a potential frustration point. (This simply requires moving the wire to the starter switch from the input to the output side of the kill switch.)

2) I put the ignition relay under the seat, rather than next to the coils, so that the ignition boxes get their power by the shortest possible route. (The two orange wires which ran from the ignition boxes to the coils now connect directly to the relay and a new 18awg wire runs from the relay to the coils - this reduces the length of wire supplying power to the ignition boxes by about 4 feet).

3) The power output from the ignition relay to the coils now also supplies the fuel pump. This means that the fuel pump is switched off when the kill switch is in the OFF position. (Disconnect the +ve supply to the pump, blue on our bike, and connect it to the new power feed to the coils.)

Now if we can just keep the battery charged during short hops round town we'll be sorted.

Hope this makes sense.

Steve.
reginapete

wiring mods and fuel regulator

Post by reginapete »

:thumbup: I have recently completed wiring mods as provided by Jon Slocum. Many thanks to Jon for providing explicit details with pics. I also fitted a fuel pressure regualtor in-line with the setandard weber carb. Amazing results no cut out on tick over and smooth delivery.