Why should I buy one?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

motiztab

Why should I buy one?

Post by motiztab »

Now thats a question that will get everyone going.
But its true why? Not heared of them before and therefore what are the weak points? Are parts freely obtained or is it a case of hunting for them.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Because they're so low and comfortable, if you get one set up right, they're as close to a magic carpet as your're probably ever going to get. They've got good power, especially at low revs, and they're very stable with very light steering, so they're really easy to ride. They're not too expensive because with the full bodywork they look a bit different to most Ducatis, and some people are put off by that. But the full bodywork makes them very slippery and they're very safe when riding in high winds. I like the the simplicity of air and oil cooling. The only serious weak point is availability of some parts.
steele

Post by steele »

They are the most beautiful bike Ducati ever made :cool:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Buy one.

You will understand the answer the next morning, when you open your garage the next morning. It will continue to remind you with every mile, every fuel up, every wash down.

It's a short-lived piece of Ducati history; a piece of exotica and exclusivity all in one. The answer isn't in words, its in the experience of ownership. Ask any owner or better yet, ask any previous owner. ;)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750