New bike

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

motiztab

New bike

Post by motiztab »

Well I have gone and done it.
Will be collecting this in a week or twos time just hope I have not dropped a clanger!

That link was not working so I will give up with it. Anyway details are this.

2 owners I will be the 3rd
Blue
19000 miles
naster

Post by naster »

Hello newbie, You are not alone. Have just bought my first paso/ducati. Am due to pick it up on the 11 mar. Reckon I am equally as nervous as you are about it.

mines a:

750cc

19,000 miles

1 owner form new (i'm the second)

Have to admit am completely taken its sexy looks.

Will let you know what first experiences are like.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

ahhhhh ... two virgins together ... oooooo
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Down boy......
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

naster, motiztab - cognrats on your new rides. You'll enjoy; ask anyone on the board. Post up some pics when you get 'em!

motiztab - blue, nice color. Not many around. Check out the 'production numbers' thread I posted here
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
steele

Post by steele »

Well done guys you have chosen DUCATIS finest art work :cool:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Slowly & quietly the Paso edges toward world domination!!!!

Welcome to our world,
a world that is full of second looks (as in awesome bike, what is it? - I love that question, it opens up my passion for all to hear)

The most awesome sound on the road (especially when fitted with STAINTUNE pipes)

& it is a DUCATI that your girlfriend/wife/lover is happy to get on the back of!

It is also subject to many myths & missconceptions

There is nothing wrong with the 16inch rims that the 750/906 run as standard, it just makes them a little quirky but that is what makes them a DUCATI. It still handles like it is on rails.

Make sure the electrics are good, they were not a strong point of DUCATI manufacture in the 80's but they did get better with the Cagiva take over.

MOST OF ALL JUST ENJOY THE GRIN THAT CAN ONLY COME FROM YOUR V-TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

congrats guys. well skins,i to feel somewhat like a virgin as i've yet to refill the 907 with fuel.
i've heard some nice flat twins and even parallel twins that sounded real good but i gotta agree with redpaso, nothing sound as good as a v-twin. when ya'll go for a ride i want you to think of that robert conrad ad on tv some years ago where he has the battery on his shoulder and says"go ahead,try to knock it off", that's what what smile on yer mug will be like,nearly impossible to knock off! now this is an addiction you can live with.enjoy and welcome to 'the club"
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

redpaso wrote:The most awesome sound on the road (especially when fitted with STAINTUNE pipes)
I'll second that. I've got 'em on my bike and every time I get on it people go :eek:
motiztab

Post by motiztab »

Naster
Where are you?

The Paso is not my first Ducati but it will be the first that I ride.
Years ago when I was about 18 I bought a real box of bits. A Pre 1972 Monza Junior 160. Trouble was it turned out to be missing most of the engine and electric’s. Kept it for years in the belief that one-day, well that did not happen and to be honest really cannot remember what happened to it. Think it went to the great strap yard in the sky. All that’s left is a Cam Cover which used to come out at times be polished and dream over what could have been. It was not until a couple years ago that I actually saw one. Worth a small fortune! If only we kept all the old bikes we had. Like my old Pre Unit 650 Triumph Bonnie with Nickel Frame, and the ’72 TR6R US Export Triumph.

Ok when the Ducati's home just need to find the rest of my dream bikes! Ok I'll go back to dreaming.