discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Wheelbase

Post by Skins »

I reckon the Paso's handling could be improved in terms of agility by shortening the wheelbase a little. Has this idea occurred to anyone else? What do you think?
pompone
year: 0

Post by pompone »

Hello, how are you? I think the handling could be improved in this case. In fact, modern bikes are shorter than a Paso, but how do you obtain this? I think it is possible if you raise the fork bars in the clamps, or advance the rear wheel in the swinging arm, but this options can modify the center of gravity and the distance to the floor, don't you?
In my Paso I improved the handling loading the rear shock. I try that my shock don't compress to much when I sit on, beacuse if the shock is loose, the back of the bike sink and open the steering angle. I like the result. Prove it.
70 hp. can change the world
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

'try it', pompone, not 'prove it'. Yes, I have tried it. My rear suspension is adjusted so hard, there is no static sag! Do you understand 'static sag'? It will be hard to translate! I think my bike handles quite well, and the only way to make it better would be to shorten the wheelbase.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

It occurs to me, that when I have these thoughts. I ride my 748 :-)

The Paso is a touring bike. Fool with the suspension too much and it begins to get evil.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

You're quite right, Jon, and the Paso steering is delightful in many respects. Still ... perhaps it could be even more delightful!

But I will be quite happy with it the way it is, if that's the way it must be.