year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Very nice.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso

Post by fasterdammit »

Very nice indeed - looks just like mine! :thumbup: :D Where'd you get your bike from? If you're in the UK, I guess I was expecting to see the Euro-spec taillight and not the turn signal stalks we got saddled with here in the States.

I managed to snag just a lens myself, and with a little help from the local parts bin, put together the Euro-spec tail for myself ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
motiztab

Post by motiztab »

Well thanks guys. I think it's nice too!!

The bike came from Essex in England.
What I do not know is if it was imported from the States or if it was ment for this country.
It is my understanding that Ducati could not sell the last of the 750's state side so brought them back to the EU for light changes and sold them over here, is that true?
Is there any way to tell?

Regarding the rear light, those turn signals as you call them flop all over the place and yes are unslightly, will change them for short ones or will try and find the UK spec or is it EU spec combination one.

At the moment just trying to shake the bike down, you know find what needs work/improving on.
Done about 500 miles over the last 4 days, a lot of them with the other half on her bike so did not get out of 3rd or 4th gear.
Almost dropped the today in a gravel car park when standing next to it, hitting the start button but with it in gear! and yes it was on that auto folding side stand!
My other bike will not do that, if in gear and side stand down will not start, think a couple of relays are grow under that blue panel work!
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Hi Motiztab

The bike looks just like the 750 that I used to own. I have been trying to track it down ages ago as I bought it with just 5K on the clock in Colchester, Essex and kept it immaculte. It broke my heart when it had to go. I have now upgraded to a 907ie, but still remember my intoduction to the ducati marque with a high degree of affection. I am not trying to pry but if you can see if I am listed as a previous keeper on the V5 or send me an off listing e-mail with the Reg No, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Bryn Griffith :thumbup:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso

Post by fasterdammit »

Yeah, those turn signal stalks waggle all over. My missuz was giggling about it the first time she drove behind me ... I could see their shadows every once in a while, too. No more w/ the Euro tail lens though! :D If you can get ahold of just the lens, you can easily convert the rear on the cheap w/ little or no modifications.

I found just a lens on ebay, so then I bought a pair of flush-mount after market blinkers - threw out the plastic casings and attached the mounting plates to the outer wall of the two black dividers inside the lens (they isolate the brake light from where the blinkers would appear). I drilled two holes in each divider to mount the blinker plates, and then enlargened two holes on the back of the whole assembly to run the blinkers' wires through. I bought the same size bullet connectors that the stalks use, hooked up the aftermarket blinkers to the stock wiring and voila! Minimally invasive and easily returned to 'pure stock' with none the wiser.
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750