Help with parts identity

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

ahdoman
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Help with parts identity

Post by ahdoman »

Hey all... I think I got a moment of clarity today when I read josecarlos's "tic tac tic tac...bruummm" posting but I need to confirm this. Jon was kind enough to email me his PDF on wiring the relays but his coils and ignition don't look the same as mine. I think my bike was a true European import since it has the Euro taillight. (The previous owner claimed it was but I never believe those stories). The coils on my bike are mounted on the left and right front down tubes of the frame. They are Magneti Marelli's and have a reddish square bracket that looks like one side ot it runs through the center of the coil. Any ideas? If I figure out how to post a pic I'll do it if necessary.[/img]
1988 Red Ducati Paso 750
1999 BMW R1100S
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

My parts book shows the coils mounted in the same place as Jon Slocum's and mine, and I think most other peoples, on the frame downtube on the left side of the bike, above the alternator - which I think is probably a better place than where you say yours are.

The wiring on yours should be the same as everyone else's though.
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

Yours sounds a whole lot like mine ahdoman. As listed elsewhere, I think we have a different system setup. Do you have the Digiplex? Or, Bosch? (My recent shop said all Paso 750 came with Bosch ignition.)

It may be that some shop put a 906 system on our bkes or they were some of the last off the line and the systems were being converted over by the factory. Either way, we seem to be special.
Last edited by DucSoup on Wed May 11, 2005 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jose
year: 0

Post by Jose »

The whole Ducati has something specially, a few mas and others less.
Till now she was ignoring that the model 750 was using the ingnizion DIGIPLEX, with this it he demonstrates it special that we are.

Jose.. :confused:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

True, Jose. Very true.
Rodney
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

:D many companies when they are changing models start fitting the new parts as it is easier and cheaper than producing the old parts
General motors Holdern in Aus is bad for this practice as you go in
for one model part and come out with a completly differant model
part.

The wiring of the coils on both sides doesnt matter just use a slightly larger cable between the coils and the battery via a fuse
and the relay contacts
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

Some pics of mine...

Two different ones on the left side... the pics don't really clear things up I guess... :D
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi!

That white(or gray)coil belongs to KOKUSAN system, so another of them is changed to Your bike, if U have Kokusan.... There have NEVER BEEN BOSCH system in 750 Paso, only Magneti Marelli (many USA modells and 906) and much better Kokusan;-)

Finnpaso
907IE
750 Paso
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

... forget to say, that Magneti Marelli is that DIGIPLEX ,-)

Finnpaso