improving my Paso

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

pompone
year: 0

improving my Paso

Post by pompone »

Hello pasofriends. Actually I have finished my cycle part job on my Paso (fork, brakes and 17 inch wheels) and I want to improve the engine. First I have a Mikuni 38 from a SS 900, but I have a little problem: with SS 900 inlet ducts, the carbs are not perpendicular, the left one is a little bit advanced. Do you think it could be because 900 SS ducts don't fit in 750 engine? What sort of ducts I need?
I want to do Mr. Slocum's wiring modification and then replace coils, wires and sparks. I was thinking NGK Iridum DPR-EVX. What do you think about that?
What about coils? Dyna? Another brand?
In my head, big bore kits, light flywheel Nichols, bigger valves... are boiling my brain, but it is the next future.
The Paso work is never done :thumbup:
70 hp. can change the world
josecarlos

Re: improving my Paso

Post by josecarlos »

As you know I have changed the coils, and is a huge diference.
Do you know about the prizes of a big bore kit?
And also, is it easy installing 906 kit in a 750? (only cylinder and pistons)
pompone

Post by pompone »

I think is very difficult to install cylinders and pistons of a 906 in a 750 because 906 is liquid cooled engine, and you'll need more parts. If you are thinking in a 900 SS or Monster cylinders and pistons, I think they have a diferent stroke, and diferent oil holes too. Recently I visit a web called http://www.desmoracerz.com and there I saw prices of big bore kits for Paso engine.
Did you buy your coils in Spain? Where? Price? :thumbup:
josecarlos

Post by josecarlos »

pompone wrote:Did you buy your coils in Spain? Where? Price? :thumbup:
Hi Pompone !
The dynas could be 5 or 3 ohm. The standard coils are 4 ohms (measured) so any of them will fit.
65 euros + post from ebay Germany

BTW: Did you need to change the tripples to fit the new forks?
pompone

Post by pompone »

Thank you Jose Carlos. To install a Monster fork in a Paso you need to change the steering tube. You must put Paso tube in Monster yoke, in this way you can use Paso bearings. Another thing, you must to machine another cap higher, to screw in a fork tube, because Monster fork is shorter than Paso one. I machined a 65 mm cap to compensate the fork length and also to attach the handlebars (from a GSXR in my Paso).