discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Battery preferences?

Post by fasterdammit »

I realize the standard/default battery recommended for our bikes is a Champion (14LA2) - but does anybody use anything else? Interstate? Yuasa? I have a Yuasa in my Monster; I like that well enough - but my Paso's battery is shot, and while I'm trying to find a Champion ... I've so far only come up with an Interstate in stock somewhere. So I just figured I'd ask before I bought ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Recently I've used only Yuasa and Champion, faster. The last one I bought was a Champion. I've read they put out more power than most.

I reckon Bosch might be worth a try, if they make one that'll fit into a Paso. They just might be philosophically inclined towards big twins.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I just put a President in mine after all the usual regulator rectifer probs that killed off the old Yuasa. Have been using it for a few months now & all is good. Starts first go & feels strong, runs the headlight & all other electrics just fine (not that there is anything fine about the headlight so I limit night rides)

Cost about $100 OZ.
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
reginapete

Post by reginapete »

I have fitted a Rob Hunter battery over 18 months ago at a cost of £25. It has given me no problems, but I do ride my Paso regularly.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Just a follow-up: I let practicality answer the question for me. Option 1) order a replacement Champion ($66USD) and wait 7-10 days for it to arrive or option 2) pick up a new Yuasa ($64USD) from a shop who had it in stock.

Let's just say we fired the bike up later that day. :cool: :thumbup: :D
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750