discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

She's on the road again!

Post by jcslocum »

Finally put all of the pieces (well almost) back together on the Paso today and took her out for the first time. SHe runs sooooo good. The idle issue is almost gone. I'm going to have to pull the carbs off again to see what can be done. Maybe some Mikunis will do the trick.

Note to self: Install cam covers BEFORE fitting all parts of frame together.

Like I said, MOST of the parts are back on. I'm going out for another ride right NOW!
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

I made it back safe after our first test ride. Did maybe 50 miles and didn't get thrown off. Longer ride tomorrow!
DucSoup

Re: She's on the road again!

Post by DucSoup »

jcslocum wrote:
Note to self: Install cam covers BEFORE fitting all parts of frame together.

Doh! I hate when I do things like that. (And I do it all the time)

Congratulations on riding again!
motiztab

Post by motiztab »

What happened? Why take the engine out
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Ride update:

My daughter and I did a DESMO ride today 2 up on the old girl. 300 miles today at elevated speeds and she's running just FINE. The idle "hang-up" at 3oooRPM is really a problem over the long ride today and needs to be fixed ASAP. Overall I'm thrilled to have the Paso back on the road!

The engine was out due to the output shaft bearing going BOOM and the cases making a big CRACK, then the chain went grrrr-grrrr, wacka-wacka, SQEEEEEEEEK, bang(again)...

You get the idea. It was an ugly mess. A little bit of ebay, some gaskets and elbow grease and all is well again.
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

Do you use those Iridium NGK sparkplugs? On my '94 Supersport it was an improvement on running idle and low revs!
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

DuC-MaN wrote:Do you use those Iridium NGK sparkplugs? On my '94 Supersport it was an improvement on running idle and low revs!
No. I'm oldfashioned and cheap. The problems are in the fuelling. The Dellorto's are finicky and the paso badywork just makes them a bitch to work on. I guess you can add lazy to the above description!
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

jcslocum wrote:
DuC-MaN wrote:Do you use those Iridium NGK sparkplugs? On my '94 Supersport it was an improvement on running idle and low revs!
No. I'm oldfashioned and cheap. The problems are in the fuelling. The Dellorto's are finicky and the paso badywork just makes them a bitch to work on. I guess you can add lazy to the above description!
I reckonize that description! :funny:

I only checked the one sparkplug on my 907, it's a Champion and they will do for the moment.... but with those Iridium plugs (i had on my SS), no choking is necessary, and only one short push on the starterbutton is needed...
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |