Paso 750 clutch plate sequence

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

88WhitePaso750
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: Paso 750 clutch plate sequence

Post by 88WhitePaso750 »

I know this thread has been quiet for year, but does anyone know where I can procure a spare thick, single friction plate that is the last one in the pack, the one that sits against the retaining clip. I just put in a Barnett clutch kit and it looks like I'll have to reuse my single sided friction plate, Although now I will flip it over so that the bare side rides against its neighboring friction plate. I know i is not optimal, but I don't want to end the stack with a friction plate, or a typical steel plate. If I use the steel plate, I'll end up with it spinning against the clip when the clutch is engaged.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am also looking for a spare clutch spring clip.

Chris
1978 Yamaha 650 Special
1987 Yamaha FZ600
1993 Suzuki GSX-R 1100
1995 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (wife's)
1988 Ducati Paso 750
2009 Yamaha FZ1
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Paso 750 clutch plate sequence

Post by paso750 »

have you tried your Duc dealer ?

G.
desmodave
year: 0

Re:

Post by desmodave »

PascoPaso wrote:I have two of the pressure plates with the button. Both buttons have broken loose were the four small factory tack welds are. Each one has been welded on the clutch pack side. The original one from the bike I had it welded the other day. Both of them are not true, or on center from the edge. As this spins with the rpm of the motor I would think it should be within a certain degree of tolerance from center.

I was hoping someone else had this problem and solved it. I am leaning towards a custom made part. Thanks for the offer Jon, your offer is much appreciated. The good news is now I have a complete extra Elefant Pantah motor and most of the parts interchange. Ha! I like kick starters, maybe I will someday use it in something, LOL!

The Paso went 200km Friday, started out ok, then started to take too long to engage on dead stop launches. I will take it apart for the third time and see what happened today.

Thanks again Jon.

WWWhat???????? a headache just replace with the monster clutch easier to find less expensive -thanks from me to dave m,