discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: New cure for hard to start Paso bikes

Post by higgy »

Higgy: I've got to chime in on the electrolytic migration comments. Wire size will help reduce electrolytic migration in a battery if there is a reduction in amps with a larger dia wire. Wire corrosion can increase electrolytic migration in a battery if amp draw in the circuit goes up as a result of the corrosion, but wire corrosion itself is not caused by electrolytic migration, but by oxidation of the wire itself. :wink:
Yes I agree,but the process of electrolytic migration also adds components to the metals which hasten the oxidation process
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Wow, i feel much smarter now!!!

What's next? Newtonian theory?!?

Great stuff for a moto board. Really great stuff.....

BTW I need a kit for my Multi that the engine has been massaged with a 1080 kit running 12.5 compression. slow to turn.....

Mike, the lnks to the pics don't work. I tried to fix but can't find the images on your site.
Motolectric
model: 900 SS
year: 1995

Post by Motolectric »

jcslocum wrote:
BTW I need a kit for my Multi that the engine has been massaged with a 1080 kit running 12.5 compression. slow to turn.....

Mike, the lnks to the pics don't work. I tried to fix but can't find the images on your site.
I have a kit for the Multi and just shot the photos for a photo install guide last week.

I had an ocean of DNS headaches the week and the photos probably disappeared but should be back by now. I have to stop the habit/shortcut of referring to images on other domains as it does save me having multiple images everywhere but then it can have a domino effect to other sites when the one site goes down or is reconfigured.

I will sort it out this weekend.

Thanks,

M./
Motolectric

Post by Motolectric »

paso750 wrote:higgy,
running 25m² wires on a bikes starter is like mounting tires that are good for over 300km/h on your Paso.
G.
Was just re-reading through some of the posts I scanned originally and see that this one slipped past me. The diameter of American Wire Gauge 4 GA is 0.2043 inches (5.189 mm) not 25 mm.

The HICAP is not overkill if you want the performance to last for a long time.

Thanks,

M./
desmodave
year: 0

motoelectric starter kit

Post by desmodave »

my bike has always sterted well - however seeing the you tube vids on the performance of this kit i really like the upgrade idea - the kits come in early a and b then middle and late. which is the problem? can someone post a list sorting the bkes to the kit then we ALL OF US KNOW which kit we require rather than order wrongly...........thanx!
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

I believe he has the required info on his website
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Motolectric

Re: motoelectric starter kit

Post by Motolectric »

paso.a.b.jpg
paso.a.b.jpg (48.68 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
desmodave wrote:- the kits come in early a and b then middle and late. which is the problem? can someone post a list sorting the bkes to the kit then we ALL OF US KNOW which kit we require rather than order wrongly...........thanx!
Hi,
I'll see if I can get the images to work in this post;
I am consolidating the kits into 4 versions A, B, C, D
(A) Early I- The first is found on F750 and early 906 the solenoid is under the seat as shown above but the positive battery terminal is on the right side of the tray.
The positive lead will be long enough to reach the right front of the battery. If your battery post is at the rear there will be about 75 mm of slack but there is plenty of room to dress it out of the way.
(B) Early II - as shown above, with the positive terminal on left side of the bike.
The positive lead will be long enough to reach the left front of the battery. If your battery post is at the rear there will be about 75 mm of slack but there is plenty of room to dress it out of the way.

(C) Middle - most 906 and some early 907 the solenoid is about 5 inches higher/closer to the battery than shown in the photo for the late series below.
(D) Late - most 907 the solenoid is way down on the front as shown below.

I get notified of there are replies to this thread so if there are more questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks,

M./
Attachments
paso.d.jpg
paso.d.jpg (136.63 KiB) Viewed 3712 times