discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

giocast
model: 900 SS
year: 1990

Re: Ignitech Sparker TCIP4 ignition?

Post by giocast »

delagem wrote:
Glocast, I never understood your comment on why we go in for so much repetition? We keep reading and asking until we understand. If you don't like it, why read it? I do also understand why you don't hang out here much. I don't either. Some of the personalities here are a bit too caustic, hiding behind the guise of being "humorous". Shame, it is a helpful forum.
Glad you updated delagem and to reply and explain my comment, firstly the 'why read it?' above is irrelevant as of course I would read any reply to a thread I had invested some time in??? I could say it was me being partly a little insensitive back then but basically when posting on a thread it's nice to have someone acknowledge the content and possible points you made in it rather than totally ignoring it and spouting out what is essentially the same thing. It was that simple..
koko64
model: other
year: 1999

Post by koko64 »

I know of three 900 belt drives with the ignitech unit. I tuned/mapped each one (one is my own M900). They have all worked reliably. They are a fantastic and versatile unit. However, I also have heard of failures due to non resistor plugs. Sometimes voltage spikes caused by another electrical component's failure can take out ignition components. I wouldn't blame the Ignitech for that. I would be interested to know of the Ignitech units that failed in and of themselves, and not as the result of being taken out by a wiring short or bad regulator.
2013 M1100 Evo Street
2004 GSXR750 Track
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

improperly shielded crap is still improperly shielded crap regardless of how well it worked before it stopped working
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie