1990 750 Sport clutch slave cylinder

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

manitoufs
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

1990 750 Sport clutch slave cylinder

Post by manitoufs »

Has anyone done a re-build of the piston for this puppy? It looks like a seal and a bearing are all that's required. I don't want to destroy the seal without having a new one on hand.

Part numbers anyone?

George Betzhold
Scottish Woods Log Cabin Resort
Murphy, NC
jfiore
year: 0

Clutch Slave Cylinder

Post by jfiore »

I'm not sure if the 750 Sport has the same slave piston and cylinder as the Paso (located in the center of the clutch cover), but I think it does. Rather than rebuild mine, I found a reference in one of the previous forum posts that the slave piston from a 1991 750SS had the same basic design, diameter, and length ( I forgot to record the part number, sorry!).

I managed to find one at MotoFixx, in Norwalk, CT. It comes as a kit, which requires a small shop press to assemble. The price was exorbitant ($200!!), but it has worked well since I assembled it and installed it.

If you want to go this route, make sure that you get the slave piston from a 1991 750SS, not the superceding part number which fits the later SS, 916 and 748, because the superceding part doesn't work with the slave cylinder in the clutch cover, it's designed for use with a slave cylinder and pushrod installation from the left side of the bike.

Good Luck!
manitoufs
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by manitoufs »

That sure sounds like a similar setup. Mine is an upgrade to a 26 mm piston and one of those "loud clutches save lives" open covers. How many o-rings did it have?

$200 ?????????????

The stock Ducati piston is $160. I guess "ya gotta pay the man" that tore apart the first one a got the generic part numbers. I assume you had to lightly press the bearing into place, install a snap ring and seal.

Then there is the matter of the center plug. But on second thought, that would be the first step in the assembly process.

I've gotta get those numbers.

George Betzhold
Scottish Woods Log Cabin Resort
Murphy, NC