How long have you owned your Paso and how many miles on it?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

aleeoop

My "new" Paso

Post by aleeoop »

I bought my '87 750 Paso in August with 3,300 miles on it. It's been garaged the whole time and I think it was originally bought as a "Ducati status trophy". That would explain the low miles. I've only had time to put about 500 miles on it and I like it more each time I get on it. I think this is motorcycle number 39 for me and it's my second "street only" motorcycle. I mostly ride a KTM 250 EXC (two stroke) off road. I love the V-twin. Even the tires look good. It came with a great sounding aftermarlet exhaust system, (F1 I think). I couldn't really afford it at the time, so I offered the guy $2,500 for it and he didn't even hesitate. Must have been my first ever really good deal on a motorcycle. To me, it was almost like finding a Shelby Mustang in an old barn.
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

I have purchased my '92 Paso 750, electric blue, in 2001. I have run it for 15.000 kms without any problem on the road. The only problems are the typical ones: Starting in cold wheater and running rough at low revs.
I have run it on the circuit, was no match for the Japanese powerhouses, but good to feel that cornering was better than most.
I will keep it for a long time, its not perfect, but I simply love it.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Welcome to the boards, Thunder!

A '92 750? Sure about the year? :confused: Not to pick on the new guy ;) but I didn't think the 750s were sold by '92. Unless it's an earlier model year that was sold new in '92 or something ...

Taking in track days with it though? Awesome! :)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

Hi Fasterdammit,

I know they where originally sold until '90. But the blue ones where meant for the USA, did not sell well (because of the introduction of the ss-series??), were shipped back to Italy and brought to the European spec, which obviously took a while. I still have the "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear"-stickers on both mirrors.
Mine was first registered on Jan. 2 1992.
richard750

Post by richard750 »

I put about 10000 miles a year on my red '87 and as a matter of fact I just got my 88 yellow one up and running today!
fausto
year: 0

Post by fausto »

My first paso was an 86 model bought in early 87. After an "argument" with a Volvo, it was written off with obout 7,000km on the speedo. I purchased my 87 paso in march 88 (with the insurance payout), and have put 65,000km since then. I've had some interesting problems, but on the whole it has been a reliable ride. After 17 years I still love it! I just don't get to ride it so much anymore.

Cheers
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

I've had my 907 for 14 years now, bought it new in '91. I put about 26,000 miles on it in the first four or five years, but it doesn't get as much use these days...
-Craig
pod
year: 1990

years and miles

Post by pod »

[I have owned my blue 750 for 5 years and it has now done 61000 miles.Its been very reliable.I did Leeds in the UK to Imola for WDW2005 in 2 days no problem and then took it round the track.When I moved to France I brought it with me.I am booked on a trackday in Dijon in June. Anyone interested?
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I have had my 906 for 2 years now. She has 80000+ km on the clock. the last 15000 or so by me. I knew the last owner well & it was in immaculate condition, still is. I am the third owner & I reckon the next will be my kids when I go to Paso heaven (hopefully in 50+ years). It really is a love affair, beautiful lines, beautiful note & a beautiful soul! I love my Paso!
louis

Post by louis »

My Paso n° 754170 of 1990, I bought it in 2003 with 42000 miles and it is now 49000 miles :thumbup:
naster

Post by naster »

Had mine just 7 days. Done 202 miles.
Bike has 17,000 miles on clock.

Really don't know much about this bike (750), apart from they require lots of maintenence, can be expensive to keep, and are tempramentle. Despite that, she looks lovely and i'm likeing it. :D :D :D
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

naster wrote: Really don't know much about this bike (750), apart from they require lots of maintenence, can be expensive to keep, and are tempramentle. :D :D :D

Treat her with the passion that you would a good woman, take care of her needs & you will be rewarded with relatively inexpensive reliability, just don't lay her down as that beautiful boby can be hard to replace & that can get expensive. You may be liking it today but as that love grows you will be more than happy to sit for hours in the shed & just fiddle/polish/carress your new baby, if that is maintenance then I can't get enough!!!!!

Oh, by the way:
PASO's ARE NOT TEMPRAMENTAL, THEY HAVE SOUL!!! :thumbup:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:lick:

I would call them ... deep.

Hey naster, check the wiring thread.
pompone

Post by pompone »

I bought my Paso 1 in year 2000, I rode with her until I broke her front sprocket sealed bearing. Then she needed to reapir this one, a pair of brake discs, and a paint job. I wanted to do it but I found a Paso without pick-ups and coils and bought her. I mixed one by other and now I have a Paso and a half. But I have promised I'll put this half on the road another time. :thumbup:
70 hp. can change the world
Jose

Post by Jose »

Hola! saludos... auque todo este foros es en Ingles, me presento en castellano. soy de España y tengo la gran suerte de disponer una Paso 750 del año 88, en la que disfruto como un enano. UN SALUDO MUY FUERTE A AQUELLOS QUE PUEDAN LEER ESTE COMENTARIO. :thumbup: