How long have you owned your Paso and how many miles on it?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Hola Jose! Aunque mi Espanol es muy malo y siempre ha sido asi, me gusta mucho leer su comentario en Espanol. Asi sigo aprendiendo.

Saludos!
Jose
year: 0

Post by Jose »

Gracias por tu comentario SKINS, yo pensaba que era el unico en este mundo que aprecia la saga Paso. En my caso he tenido muchos problemas con ella.

Espero poder aportar mi experiencia y trabajos que he solucionado con mucho esfuerzo y dinero para poder disfrutar de ella hoy en día.

Si no es mucha molestia tengo una pregunta.

La pregunta es;
Resulta que el amortiguador trasero lo tengo roto, y es un BITUBO. Me gustaría si fuera posible localizar un amortiguador para esta moto, puesto que en OHLING tienen descatalogado en sullo que montaba.

Espero no molestar con tanto comentario.

¡¡¡¡SALUDOS DE UN COLEGA DE ESPAÑA!!!!
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Yo no se much sobre el amortiguador, Jose. En mi moto tengo Marzocchi, que funciona muy bueno para mi.

Tenemos un colega, se llama Pompone, en las Islas Balearicas, que ha hecho trabajos con el amortiguador. Si le envias un 'Private Message', puede que avisarte.

Suerte!
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Mines a 89 906 - had 'the girl' for just over 3 yrs - now done 52000km, & I still LOVE it!!! Is funny in here seeing posts from other owners mumbling things about 'just sitting in the shed looooking at the bike' - ummmm - know what you're saying there..... :roll: :thumbup:
Spent hrs & hrs last winter, polishing up the mufflers - how saaaaad is that..... :roll:
My first road bike, after a long sucession of 600cc trail bikes. Brought for 3 reasons - something differant to a Japper Tupperware bike - love the shape & sound - & just 'because'....!!! :thumbup:
And on top of all that - its got 'character', something that is lacking in most other bikes, including the 907..........(Ooops - did I just start a war...........) :neener: :roll: :D
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Yeah you probably did start a war but I am not getting into that :eek: :eek:

We can't ride ALL the time Kids & work & stuff like that gets in the way, but it is nice to sit & admire the lines of this most beautiful of Ducati with a glass of Port just before tucking her & them myself into bed. Makes for happy dreams :lick:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Yeah well - my kids, dog, ute, & Landcruiser are all ok - even the Mrs is alright mosta the time...............but going for a quick ride on the Paso 9or looking at it) - just 'creates a grin...........'
In my opinion, the Paso series, & 996/998 Ducatis, are the most sexy looking bikes to ever fall outa any factory..........
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Amen to that Brother :lick:

I agree that just looking is no substitute for throwing a leg over & making her squirm & rumble :thumbup: It is just not always possible. She is never mothballed though, always ready to be scrambled at short notice :cool:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Presume we're still talking bout your bike here........... :roll:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Presume we're still talking bout your bike here
Haveta clean my coffee off the monitor and k/b now ... good one! :laugh:

And uh oh ... did I hear LandCruiser? Is that another FJ owner on the site? Here's a quick shot of mine - 1972 FJ40, pic circa 1997(?). Lots of fun, but doesn't get much attention anymore since A) if it's nice enough to drive a convertible, I'm usually on a motorcycle instead and B) it's not exactly conducive to carrying a babyseat ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Hi Faster - Had a few FJ/BJ 40s, but in that time span, have also kept 'my other baby' - a 1989 BJ70, which is the new & improved version of the 40 series. Have some photos from Canada & The States, of the odd one that found its way over there too - an extremely capable 4WD. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for the link too - I better go add to the list........ :roll:
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Hey Faster - BTW, that Cruiser of yours looks about as 'stock', as a Paso on nitrous.............. :roll: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Duck01 wrote:Hey Faster - BTW, that Cruiser of yours looks about as 'stock', as a Paso on nitrous.............. :roll: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
:laugh: BWAHAHAHA

Actually, it is relatively stock - performance-wise, but somebody along the way did all sorts of nonsense to it. Too much to undo, really. Both doors have had the glass and the top arches removed, the top 'shelf' has been angled down and a seam welded. (The doors were usually horizontal, instead of angling down to meet the body where the door latches, for anybody curious). They also welded the tailgate in place, traded the rear taillight/turnsignals for Jeep knock-offs :thumbdown: (WHY?! Sacrelige! :laugh: ), mounted a decent rollcage and stuffed a 3" body lift in there. Other silly stuff too - made the exhaust a fake dualie, but put the muffler directly above the rear pumpkin :confused:, so you can imagine what sort of shape that was in. :roll: Oh yeah ... and the seats are out of an old Thunderbird. But it's still got that nivce big 18" diameter steering wheel! Good thing, since there's no power steering and turning the 33x12.5s that were on there took all the leverage you could muster. First I did was rebuild the steering - there was about one complete turn and then some of free slack in the steering. Pretty entertaining, driving in town. :laugh:

But it still has the I6, only with a nice Bosch electrical I put in, and 3spd on the floor (with a Hurst :laugh:).
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

'There's only one Jeep' - but theres millions of Toyota's......!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :roll:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Duck01 wrote:'There's only one Jeep' - but theres millions of Toyota's......!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :roll:
You said it! I haven't seen any J**ps making the road trip around the earth, either. There's a great book about two (sometimes three or four) guys who took a '68 FJ40 around the world and all the crap they ran into. "Who needs a road?" I believe is the name. I used to have it, somewhere. Great reading for any Land Cruiser nut!
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

They used a Toyota, because a Jeep would'nt go that far without a coupla container loads of parts following it around...... :thumbup: :roll: