Goldentyres in the UK. Anyone bought any at these prices??

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Graemer57
model: 750 Paso
year: 1990

Goldentyres in the UK. Anyone bought any at these prices??

Post by Graemer57 »

From searching the web I found that mytyres.co.uk are selling the Goldentyre GT070/71 tyres to fit my Paso 750. Stupidly I held off buying them a couple of weeks ago waiting for pay day. They were priced around £120F/£135R then.

Went on the site to order today and they are now listed at £179 for the front and £212 fro the rear (though you can get 3% discount bringing them down to £174 and £205 respectively)

A quick cross check with a european site [ReifenDirekt.de] shows them listed at 147 euros Front and 173 Euros Rear, which converts to roughly £118F/£139 R - more or less in line with the original mytyres.co.uk price. Is this just a simple case of supply and demand or are we being ripped off here??

Has anyone actualy boguht Goldtyres in the UK? If so I'd love to know where you got them from and what you paid for them? I have to put new tyres on the Paso to get through the MOT and feel like am caught beween a rock and a hard place. Want to fit original sizes rather than faff around with alternatives as we had to in the past. It's just that a sudden 50% price hike feels like a bit much!!
1990 750 Paso #754364
2005 BMW 1200RT
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Re: Goldentyres in the UK. Anyone bought any at these prices

Post by Mc tool »

Owning a motorbike means that invariably we get our poo tubes reemed regularly and these tyres are just the next thing . I have been interested to see what these tires wound up costing us . The last michelins I bought cost ( NZ$ ) 280 for the front and 380 for the back, which to my way of thinking is more than these golden tires ..... and I have had these michelins for 5-6 years now ..... so I think that all things considered it aint that bad a price , and they are ( probly ) a better tire ( I,ll sign that statement and frame it for you G :lol: ). Huh I dont even know if these tires are available in NZ ..... havn't bothered lookin yet :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
angelix
model: 907 I.E.

Post by angelix »

in Italy there is a company which I know well and they have them available

I think they will ship across EUROPE (they use UPS) and their prices are extremely good.

the Goldentyres are listed available

GOP3495 130/60 16 zr 58w GT 070 front 130 EUROS

GOP3494 160/60 16 zr 68w GT 071 Rear 170 EUROS

their website is http://www.nikpneumatici.com/

Their english is minimal, but I think they can help.

Goldentyres don't come cheap, but its a small production and they have a very high price list to start with.

Considering that without them it would impossible for the italians to MOT their bikes (and legally use them...), I guess it is a small price to pay.
Graemer57

Post by Graemer57 »

I don't mind paying a premium, after all there must be a small production run to make them. What I don't like was at the price has been hiked from the price they were first advertised at and also that the price is out of step with what is being charged in the rest of Europe. I understand the law of supply and demand but it doesn't feel right in this case. And you can't rogue that shipping them to the UK is disproportionately expensive if you have already advertised them at £50 per tyre less
1990 750 Paso #754364
2005 BMW 1200RT
plasmid
year: 1987

Post by plasmid »

Graemer57 wrote:From searching the web I found that mytyres.co.uk are selling the Goldentyre GT070/71 tyres to fit my Paso 750. Stupidly I held off buying them a couple of weeks ago waiting for pay day. They were priced around £120F/£135R then.

Went on the site to order today and they are now listed at £179 for the front and £212 fro the rear (though you can get 3% discount bringing them down to £174 and £205 respectively)

A quick cross check with a european site [ReifenDirekt.de] shows them listed at 147 euros Front and 173 Euros Rear, which converts to roughly £118F/£139 R - more or less in line with the original mytyres.co.uk price. Is this just a simple case of supply and demand or are we being ripped off here??

Has anyone actualy boguht Goldtyres in the UK? If so I'd love to know where you got them from and what you paid for them? I have to put new tyres on the Paso to get through the MOT and feel like am caught beween a rock and a hard place. Want to fit original sizes rather than faff around with alternatives as we had to in the past. It's just that a sudden 50% price hike feels like a bit much!!

mytyres.co.uk is the same company as reifendirekt.de
Graemer57

Post by Graemer57 »

I saw that the were the same company but when I contact the german company they told me they couldnt supply in the UK and I had to use mytyres and thus pay £50 per tyre more than the converted Euro price
1990 750 Paso #754364
2005 BMW 1200RT
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Graemer57 try gtyredirect@hotmail.co.uk they can order the tyres for you, i emailed them and this is part of the reply i recieved from them
"We are on the case reference tyre for Ducati Paso.
If you can tell me the amount we will need i can do a deal to the members of the forum." so give them a try.
plasmid
year: 1987

Post by plasmid »

Graemer57 wrote:I saw that the were the same company but when I contact the german company they told me they couldnt supply in the UK and I had to use mytyres and thus pay £50 per tyre more than the converted Euro price

Welcome to the European Disunion.

I'd order from Italy. They can ship anywhere.
If you tell them you work for the US army they might even waive the VAT =)

But they might ask you for an ID.
Not always, depends who you talk to.