Hello all. New guy to the forums

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

aaxiss
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Hello all. New guy to the forums

Post by aaxiss »

I am the proud original owner of a 750 Paso. the bike has 431 miles on it. I made the horrid mistake of letting a friend ride it and he grabbed to much front brake and stuffed it offer on the right side@ about 10 mph.

I am in the process of repairing the minor damage and repainting the entire bike. was originally the metallic blue but I am switching to the red paint scheme. the bike has been sitting for about 12 years but has been started and run regularly about every 3 months with fresh gas every time.

during the 20+years since I purchased the bike I was in a hit and run accident on my gsxr and I am now paralyzed from the chest down. I am a metal fabricator by trade and I am considering converting it to a can-am spyder configuration. the conversion is not the issue, I need a set of the Ducati decals... the big tank Ducati, the desmo and the 750 Paso for the rear. other than those I'm not worried about the rest.

I'm currently in the process off constructing the front sub frame and upper and lower front arms. pingle electric shifter and removing the stock pegs and installing foot plates in a more forward position. I may even just restore the bike and use the gsxr as my reverse trike platform. but my main concern now is restoring the bike to original then I'll process from there

may be back with more questions and pleas for help as I progress. I will also be fabricating a single side swing arm to accommodate an automotive tire in the rear in the 8-10 wide range. might require a jackshaft for the proper offset but that is a way off for now.

Any way just saying hello and will be back with more questions and pleas for help

Don
900streetfighter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: Hello all. New guy to the forums

Post by 900streetfighter »

Hello Don, Welcome to the site. So sorry to hear of your accident, you seem to be coping well. I wonder if I would be so brave in a similar situation. I hope you have lots of support from friends and family. Where are you?
Your project sounds very complicated but there's lots of clever people on here to advise you. I have seen a Paso with a 916 swingarm and can probably dig up a pic of it, but it sounds like that wouldn't be suitable for what you propose to build. The decals you require are available from ebay, I have no idea of the quality. You might be able to get originals via dealers, the 'cagiva era' graphics were used on monsters and SS up to 96 and some of the sizes are identical to Paso. The originals have to be applied after paint before laquer as they are matt finish.

Cheers, Keith.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/750-Paso-deca ... 51a3082d10
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Hello Don. Welcome to the forum. That`s an ambitious project you`re planning. I hope you get it done.
I really have respect for your plans of the build and to keep on riding !

G.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Welcome aboard Don.
I also am sorry to hear about your accident, but happy (and a little amazed) you keep interest about the bikes.
I would restore the bike keeping the rare blue metal stock colour.

About the decals.
I bought those decals from ebay for my 907.
They are decent but a bit lesser than the stock ones.
So, they are good if you mean repaint the whole bike.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

I have seen a Paso with a 916 swingarm and can probably dig up a pic of it
you don`t by any chance mean this one?: :lol:

The swingarm is from a Honda VFR.

G.
900streetfighter

The 750 I saw was red. Pretty sure it was 916 arm. I saw it at Assen Clubrace about 5 years ago. I'll find the pic. K.
PasoRoo

Post by PasoRoo »

G'Day Don,

Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledgable folks here who are more than willing to help out with information. It has allowed me to keep my Paso running and on the road.

If you decide to go ahead with your Can-Am project I'd love to see some photos!

Cheers,

Mike
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Rhino »

Hi Don
Sorry to hear about the accident but full marks for the sheer testicles to keep on going
Where are you?
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
900streetfighter

Found the pic of single sided 750. Very similar style panel chop to the yellow bike. Assen DCN Clubrace '09.
Keith.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

That just looks so wrong ... :wacko:

G.
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Rhino »

I agree completely with paso750 . . . Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
giocast
model: 900 SS
year: 1990

Post by giocast »

Hello Don
I am in total awe of your tenacity and sheer determination and you serve as a true inspiration to all us whingers with a few scratches. I look forward to seeing pictures of your handywork.
Chris
bobst2
year: 1988

Post by bobst2 »

hi you can get replacement decals from England excellent quality and a decent price. iwill find the name and send you a pm
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

Don,
A very cool project concept. I can envision it now.

You will have plenty of challenges in making the front end. My recommendation would be to leave the back end alone and just find a 16" automotive tire to put on the back. There will be plenty of rubber on the road for the horsepower (about 7 times the contact patch of a motorcycle tire) and the tires will be a lot cheaper than motorcycle tires. A 165 or 175 low profile car tire would probably fit just fine. The whole rig will be plenty light compared to a car anyway. Once you get the front dialed in, you could revisit the back end if it needs it.

I think the Paso would make a great trike. The body is set up well to meld into the lines of front end like a Can Am Spyder. Consider stealing parts from snowmobiles for the front end.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »