Hi From Melbourne Australia.

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

carrera
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: Hi From Melbourne Australia.

Post by carrera »

The Paso was on my bucket list from the time it came out, I now have Two 750 Paso's one an 87 crate find with less than two thousand miles which I scored thru ebay last year. Even with such low milage I had to replace the tyres from Gowans as even though it still had the tyre nipples on the rubber some small cracks were appearing in the side walls. The other 1990 750 has 63k on it is a bitch to get started if left for two long but is in pretty good shape. The reason the Paso has been on my bucket list since 1985 is Loyd Chappmans in Perth were Ducati dealers and Kawasaki z900 parts suppliers then and had the best Z mechanic in perth. I have owned Z's since new and have just finished restoring my Z1b from 1975. Well the first time I saw the Paso in the dealership I thought it belonged in my Art Gallerys. The Ducatis before and since have never captured the beauty of this bike. As far as other riders go and you can quote me " I don't care what middle aged dentists and stock brokers that would not know a valve shim from a spring washer think. Any idiot can jump on a modern bike and ride into the side of a car. It takes an enthusiast to iron out the rough spots on a classic beauty ". And what is more stupid that they relating a model to Ducati's owners, Audi now owns Ducati. Would that mean the 1199r rides like an ATV.PS I am now a retired 55 year old business owner. The 1990 750 with63 k's is for sale or swap
plasmid
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Hi From Melbourne Australia.

Post by plasmid »

Andrew2 wrote:
koko64 wrote:While the Elefant interests me greatly, I am only 5'8"! I would need a ladder! :lol:
Not sure what you mean mate. :lol: :lol:

Not me by the way.

Cheers
Andrew

Haha.