17" wheel conversion

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Chilly_bill

17" wheel conversion

Post by Chilly_bill »

There used to be some information regarding a conversion to 17" wheels on a Paso. Is that information still available?
Anyone have any good tips on such a conversion?
Thanks
mika750paso

Post by mika750paso »

You can find the information from Links and there Ducati Paso personal pages and choose Bauke Miedama`s pages.
There is a story going 16" to 17" wheels.

Personally I woud choose wheels from Suzuki 600 RF, because their look is just like 750SS wheels, but you dont have to change bearings for these, they will fit with the orginal bearings, and they are much easier to find and cheaper.
You only have to make new fittings for front and rear brake calibers(buy the brake discs with the wheels).
And new spacers for the wheels in order to get them straight line.
Also make sure to get the speedometer rotor with the front wheel.
You need new rear chain sprocket, Suzuki 500GS sprocket will fit your new wheels, it got 49 teeths.
Also you need longer chains than regular, you have to had 108 pcs. on your new chain, in order to get new wheel far enough from the rear fork.

Hope this helps your operation
Mika
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

an article written awhile back is HERE
pompone
year: 0

Post by pompone »

I have 17 rims in my bike. I use a pair from Suzuki GSX-R 1100, 3,5 inch front and 5,5 inch rear with 120/70 and 180/55. The bike looks very well and its handling its better (no wake up every time I brake) and I can choose a lot of tire tipes.
mike wrote:an article written awhile back is HERE
70 hp. can change the world