discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Re: Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do

Post by redpaso »

fasterdammit wrote: What have you got to do w/ your Paso, red?
Well faster mate I actually have surprisingly little to do to my Grand Old Lady. I have done it.
She was off the road for 18 months while she underwent a full rebuild at about 96000km.
Motor was in really good shape & did not need a lot. Did all the usual things like clutch, belts, transmission rebuild, suspension rebuild etc. spent a heap on her & even re powder coated the Frame. About the only thing I did not do was respray the body work because it is still in good nick, if she is not being ridden she has always been garaged. Once she went back on the road I took her off again while I sorted the tyres, after a lot of research I. Went the Avons & I must admit I was very nervous about doing it but had little choice. With the rear off a Goldwing & front from a CBR600 I was apprehensive about the traction as I always found the Michelins to be very sticky. Anyway I had spacers made up & fitted them & I am really happy with the feel & traction even though the rear is really hard to feather up on the edges, maybe I am just getting old & slow :( anyway I put her back on the road again & then we had floods & huge wet which turned the road into potholed stretches for km after km. Rego expired & I did not have time to ride so she has been stating in the shed again. The itch however needs to be scratched again so I plan to pay my Rego again & ride her as much as time allows. Only 400km until the clock turns over & she is a low km classic Ducati again! :lol: get yours on the road mate & let's ride

Skins how is your White lady going? I am just trying to remember that name you had for her.
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
delagem
year: 0

Post by delagem »

higgy wrote:does not bother me either, as G says
higgy the instigator............
Understood! Posting while intoxicated is never pretty. My condolences.

I was watching your YouTube videos the other day, Higgy. They aren't bad, if you play them at 2x! :lol:
The $900 Paso: DellOrto's, Dyna 5 ohm coils, Ignitech TCIP4; finally, a new set of tires! Goldentyre GT070/071

The bike is gone, but the nightmares continue...
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

yeah I've been watchin these for my next project an xs650 bratbike :thumbup:

http://hughshandbuilt.com/youtube-vids/

rephased xs650...yup a yamaha that sounds like a duck, smells like a duc. could be a duc as I have a lot of xtra parts laying around...

got a swingarm and wheels,M1r and brakes and all I need

Got one layin around and need a new project soon as the Paso's should be done this summer
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

redpaso wrote:
Skins how is your White lady going? I am just trying to remember that name you had for her.
Yeah, I used to have a fancy name for her, but she's looking more and more scuffed-up as the years pass, I can't afford the cosmetics, she's running brilliantly, and these days I just call be 'my baby' or 'baby'.