discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

plasmid
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

3d chain slider

Post by plasmid »

Anyone with some 3d skills?

Maybe 3d print some chain sliders http://www.stein-dinse.biz/Complete-par ... :2494.html

at http://www.shapeways.com/
ahdoman
year: 1988

Re: 3d chain slider

Post by ahdoman »

I've got two friends who do that. All I need are CAD's and I could get a quote.
1988 Red Ducati Paso 750
1999 BMW R1100S
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by englishstiv »

I am looking for two to replace I have one reasonably good one for spec'

Interested in purchasing two if any are made :thumbup:
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

If you are going to get some made there are at least 2 different ones. The one on the top is a new spare part bought a few years ago and the other is of an older p750. the differences are the extra lug near the pivot end and the "nose" of the new one has been flattened off where it goes round the front of the swing arm , and the brass nut is not fully moulded into the new guide :)
Hamish
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Mc tool wrote:Image

If you are going to get some made there are at least 2 different ones. The one on the top is a new spare part bought a few years ago and the other is of an older p750. the differences are the extra lug near the pivot end and the "nose" of the new one has been flattened off where it goes round the front of the swing arm , and the brass nut is not fully moulded into the new guide :)
Hamish

Was referring to the small one that fits on the center stand - http://www.stein-dinse.biz/Complete-par ... :2494.html

The big one would probably be $100+ to print via shapeways.

Personally, only know one person that could maybe make the 3d model - waiting on confirmation.
Duc750
year: 1993

Post by Duc750 »

I'm also talking to someone about making these so we'll compare notes.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Duc750 wrote:I'm also talking to someone about making these so we'll compare notes.

Do you have a CAD model already?

No point in duplicating if you already do.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

plasmid wrote:
Mc tool wrote:Image

Hamish

Was referring to the small one that fits on the center stand - http://www.stein-dinse.biz/Complete-par ... :2494.html

The big one would probably be $100+ to print via shapeways.

Personally, only know one person that could maybe make the 3d model - waiting on confirmation.
Ah ! you got me there , mine never had a centre stand ( till I made one .... really for workshop purposes only) , But I did make one for the frame out of a bit of nylon ( actually a bit of Dianne's kitchen cutting board......chopped right out of the middle too, just to be sure she would notice and praise my resourcefulness...... didn't work :lol: )
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Duc750

Post by Duc750 »

Duc750 wrote:I'm also talking to someone about making these so we'll compare notes.

Not yet he's prepeared to scan it to create the model though so that's easy. He does some work with local universiies so trying to see if he can get mold costs covered as part of a student project etc.

Money first, CAD later!
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Duc750 wrote:

Not yet he's prepeared to scan it to create the model though so that's easy. He does some work with local universiies so trying to see if he can get mold costs covered as part of a student project etc.

Money first, CAD later!

Hm, ask him to submit the model to shapeways and then anyone can get it made pronto.

http://www.shapeways.com/about/how_does ... -learnmore
Duc750

Post by Duc750 »

True, we can get it printed in quite a few places. We could also get one carved out of dried sheep poo, chiselled from granite or cnc from billet. All of which will be the same amount of use unless the material is right for the application. Materials for 3d printing aren't exactly main stream and the sort of nylon delrin mix that a chain slider should be is really quite difficult to print.

The guy I'm talking to runs an automotive component manufacturer. Some of the components he makes are chain sliders so he already has material specs to use from some other manufacturers. He's also planning to expolore 3d with this but is not hopefully for getting a long lasting product with standard techniques. This may not be a quick solution but it could be an enduring one if it works out right.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Duc750 wrote:True, we can get it printed in quite a few places. We could also get one carved out of dried sheep poo, chiselled from granite or cnc from billet. All of which will be the same amount of use unless the material is right for the application. Materials for 3d printing aren't exactly main stream and the sort of nylon delrin mix that a chain slider should be is really quite difficult to print.

The guy I'm talking to runs an automotive component manufacturer. Some of the components he makes are chain sliders so he already has material specs to use from some other manufacturers. He's also planning to expolore 3d with this but is not hopefully for getting a long lasting product with standard techniques. This may not be a quick solution but it could be an enduring one if it works out right.
Alright. Sounds good.