discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

plasmid
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Puncture

Post by plasmid »

higgy wrote:actually I think all the posting in this thread was appropriate
Anyone patching a 10 year old motorcycle tire needs a lesson in safety for sure :banghead: :choo: :wacko: :beer: :beer:
14 ;) but seriously it's not hard and has about 4k kms on it. good for up to 100km/h I'd say.
If I don't post anything for a couple of weeks I guess it wasn't.

:beer:
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

nnnnnnorman wrote:each to their own. fu :cool: ck the rules if they don't suit you. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well said Nnnnnnorman , I like that :)
Hamish
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1994

Post by Derek »

In the UK it is legal to ride between lanes of stationary or almost stationary vehicles. Once the speeds get higher than walking speed it becomes more of a grey area. Riding between lanes of moving traffic at motorway speeds would definitely be illegal and highly dangerous.
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by 907pasonut »

I cannot get on the bike without helmet and gloves nor can I drive a car without a seat belt...but life is all about chances and luck or the lack of it...the whole universe is "total chaos in complete balance" :shock:
you can be rackless but have luck on your side and live till ripe old age :drunk: ...or you can be extra cautious but unlucky and die young in a freak accident :,( ... and of course anything in between.
...life is like a box of chocolates :beer:
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

907pasonut wrote:I cannot get on the bike without helmet and gloves nor can I drive a car without a seat belt...but life is all about chances and luck or the lack of it...the whole universe is "total chaos in complete balance" :shock:
you can be rackless but have luck on your side and live till ripe old age :drunk: ...or you can be extra cautious but unlucky and die young in a freak accident :,( ... and of course anything in between.
...life is like a box of chocolates :beer:

I was discussing with some friends the possibility of having both protection and freedom/exposure.
Came up with the idea of a portable airbag that engulfs you like an egg in case of an accident.

Never produced it since just the thought of passing through regulations and the liabilities involved would be a complete nightmare,
considering any mis-trigerring malfunctioning issues.

I'm still an advocate of the state, since it has the monopoly backed by force, to offer a pay to ignore certain laws program.
If I'm paying for my hospitalization I should have the opportunity to decide whether I want to wear a seat belt,
a helmet and so on.

Being forced to pay taxes at law point is emasculating enough.
At least offer the option to buy some of our balls back. :)
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Derek wrote:In the UK it is legal to ride between lanes of stationary or almost stationary vehicles. Once the speeds get higher than walking speed it becomes more of a grey area. Riding between lanes of moving traffic at motorway speeds would definitely be illegal and highly dangerous.
Pretty dangerous as it is. All it takes is an arm, a door, a car moving to see how the traffic jam is going etc.

Illegal to pass on the right but legal to drive between cars ... go figure
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

[quote="plasmidIf I'm paying for my hospitalization I should have the opportunity to decide whether I want to wear a seat belt,
a helmet and so on.

[/quote]

Yeah , but your not the only victim if it all turns to shit. My partner came out of my "accident" worse off than me and she wasn't even there , seeing me and all my injuries , being told I wasn't expected to live at the hospital , then months in hospital , and I wont ever forget the look on my Mums face when she got to the intensive care unit , or when they hauled me off for emergency surgery when I started bleeding internally ( again ! ) . If you can be 100% selfish , then your OK , but others go thru the mincer when you crash your brains out too :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Yeah , but your not the only victim if it all turns to shit. My partner came out of my "accident" worse off than me and she wasn't even there , seeing me and all my injuries , being told I wasn't expected to live at the hospital , then months in hospital , and I wont ever forget the look on my Mums face when she got to the intensive care unit , or when they hauled me off for emergency surgery when I started bleeding internally ( again ! ) . If you can be 100% selfish , then your OK , but others go thru the mincer when you crash your brains out too :)

I understand, but, the .gov is not my wife.

The .gov should enshrine into law what we already practice, not impart its ideology into law.

That's the point. These types of decisions should be made within and by the family,
which involves dialog, and a coming together, hopefully, not a hemming in.

It's a fine balance. Especially with kids.

No issues with the plug so far (up to 110km/h). Did see one guy who must have skidded across the road into the grass
a few minutes before me - fortunately he was wearing his gear so I saw him riding away as I was coming back.
Bike looked pretty shredded though.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

plasmid

Post by plasmid »

paso750 wrote:etc

You don't see people like that here - mostly peasants, who aren't thrilled paying 50%+ taxes
so that neo-hippies in Berlin can drink more beer than water and the eu technocrats make merry and shove union down our throats.

We def. think the corporate tool merkel hast nix zu bieten
spreading the unlivable german model.

If you go right, instead of left you may come closer to reality.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

dude, just what`s wrong with you ? :wacko:
It`s two guys on a scooter...
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Looks like a girl on the back to me. Very pretty too, with her helmet on back to front!
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

if wearing a helmet makes you look uncool you can try one of these :lol:
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

paso750 wrote:dude, just what`s wrong with you ? :wacko:
It`s two guys on a scooter...

You sure? I thought it was merkel and that other wir haben mehr zu bieten chick hanging out on a ddr scooter.

Anyway, that's not going to change my opinion about the usefulness of helmets or who should make the decision to wear them.
That's a bit like merkel telling the greeks how to live, when it's pretty obvious who should make that decision.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Watch your tongue, boy! Remember, the Germans now own Ducati ...