will work as a replacement?

thanks - Jimmy
ir_joep
model: 750 Sport
year: 1989

Re: speedo tab washer

Post by ir_joep »

Hi,

Did happen to me, but I managed to hard solder a piece of metal to it. May be this works for you?

cheers Joep
randtcastell
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by randtcastell »

pricey! :(

it happened to my original and I mig welded a replacement tab on. simple work. perhaps a buddy has a buzz box in the garage?
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Looks like the right bit to me , mine broke too and I also welded it up , but I also gave the speedo drive and the cable a good clean and lube :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
paisano

Post by paisano »

yeah, I might have to get it welded, but I'm lazy enough that I'd prefer to spend the $$ and slap it in there and not have to worry about it for another 25 yrs. or so.
I'll try to get some info from Bevel Heaven on its fitment - I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks - Jimmy
paisano

Post by paisano »

the bevel heaven part fit. cleaned out the little speedo doo-dad while I was at it. what a pain-in-the-ass.
Is it just my bike, or does the front wheel fit much better without the washer that goes between the speedo unit and the fork leg?
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

I don't recall my Paso having that washer but it is shown on the parts diagram . I guess I would put it all together and see weather the discs are centered in the calipers and then either leave or remove the washer to get best alignment . Make sure the brass cable fitting is tight in the ally housing , mine wasn't and it came out and I lost the driven pinion :mad:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
paisano

Post by paisano »

that washer was in there(somewhere) on mine when I changed the front tire. When I reinstalled the wheel, the brakepads bound too tight, so I removed it. Course, sometime after that my tab washer broke and the timing seemed a little suspicious so I reinstalled it again this time. Same problem with the brakepads. Eh, I removed it again, lets see what happens...
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

Is it just my bike, or does the front wheel fit much better without the washer that goes between the speedo unit and the fork leg?
It`s just yours. If I could take a guess it`s because you assembled the front incorrectly. There are two washers; a thick one that`s on the right (!) side of the wheel and a thin one (1mm) which is between the speedometer drive and the fork leg. This thin washer is mostly missing as it`s lost, forgotten or evaluated as irrelevant when the front wheel is changed.
As you say your brake is dragging when you mount the washer my feeling tells me you`ve placed the thick washer between the sp.drive and the fork leg. This would alter the position of the wheel and hence the brakes would drag.

G.
paisano

Post by paisano »

Ahhh! You're probably right - thanks.