discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: clutch springs

Post by Mc tool »

paso750 wrote:not quite as the ST2 has a different size clutch master pump and clutch slave piston.
I just @#%&^$ knew you would say that :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
a330us
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Re: clutch springs

Post by a330us »

Ok, little update on the clutch problem, as you might recall the po sold the bike since he couldn't get the clutch bled. I cleaned up everything, put all the plates back in the correct order with the missing spring( thanks Higgy) and spent a day or so trying all the things that were suggested here but nothing worked. I finally took a look at the screw at base of the lever, I guess it just changes the amount that the piston can move in the master. Someone had screwed it basically almost all the way in. I looked at where it was in my other bikes and set it out quite a bit, took the left bar off and pointed the lever up. It only took about 4 or 5 movements and started getting good firmness in the lever. I ran a little more fluid through it to get rest of the bubbles out, bolted it back up and started my paso up on the center stand. It snicks into gear beautifully and back into neutral even cold no problem. I didn;t ride it because all the panels are off but sure gave me a warm glow knowing this little problem is hopefully solved. What does that screw supposed to do? Thanks for all the help. Arch.