Another paso!

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

a330us
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Another paso!

Post by a330us »

Ok, starting to worry about myself, just bought a white limited that looks pretty original except it has two carbs which the middle man knows nothing about and the owner even less. It hasn't run in almost two years and of course no service history. It was very little money so couldn't resist considering the rarity of the limited even if it is only a paint job. It has about 30k on it which is more than I like but hopefully not hurt.
I won't get it for about two more weeks but excited about a new to me paso. I try to tell myself that I can't save them all but keep trying!!! Just need a blue one now.
Did the limited come with red wheels? It has the red seat. Thanks Arch.
nickta
year: 1992

Re: Another paso!

Post by nickta »

Hi Arch.

Boy, when you start a collection, you don't muck around!

There was a white p750 for sale a little while ago in NZud. Pretty sure it had a black seat, and dark wheels. Could have been a coat of paint though? Only ever seen the standard Red in Oz, with an occasional Blue US import.

You may not be able to save them all, but you are giving it a fair old crack! Hope your shed is big enough to keep them all in. Have you got a 906 yet?

Cheers.

Nick.
a330us

Post by a330us »

Hi nick,
Well it's getting. To be a little difficult explaining all of this to the wife but she just glares at me and heads to the mall!! I kept the hanger I was renting after I sold the old airplane I had and so I will deplete the paso fund before my space runs out. I didn't start out to get these but good deals kept popping up. I don't have a blue one yet, missed one in conn. Last month for short money by waiting to long asking questions, wonder if someone on the list picked it up? Don't have a 906 yet but looking at a black 907 but 4 907's might be a bit much but love these bikes! Regards Arch.
nickta

Post by nickta »

Hi Arch.

Ah, that look that is usually reserved for small children and those they think have lost the plot! I remember it so well. If only they realised how beneficial it is to have a shed full of bikes (for them).

A couple of lines I have used in the past (they didn't work either) were:

If I got rid of the bikes, maybe we can hang out together more often?
or
If I get rid of the bikes, I could go to the Pub more often. You wouldn't mind picking me up would you?

Keep up saving those Ducati's. A Black 907 is up near the top of my list too, but very few (if any?) came to Australia.

Cheers.

Nick.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Another one ? That`s a good start into the new year :thumbup:
The red seat and red/silver rims are correct for a white Limited.

G.
viper1
year: 1988

Post by viper1 »

After #10 (all different Ducatis) I figured I would make the garage nice enough to sleep in since thats where she tells me to go :lol:
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

When it comes to wimmin and bikes .... You just buy the bike ..... sure she may get a bit pissy but she'll get over it and you will still have the bike ........ cant really see the problem :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

My wife always gives me that look, you know the one. More than once I have caught her showing her daughter with pride in her voice " LOOK WHAT HE GOT NOW"
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
a330us

Post by a330us »

Yeah, along with the look I also get " why do you need another bike and how many are you going to get"? I just say that I've never reached my limit yet! :truck: She then just turns and heads to the mall!Arch.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Bikes ( and guns ) are like golf clubs ..... ones no friggin good , ya need a whole set :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

- More bikes and cars or more ... wimmin. Choose ...

- !!

- (that's what I thought)
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

higgy wrote:My wife always gives me that look, you know the one. More than once I have caught her showing her daughter with pride in her voice " LOOK WHAT HE GOT NOW"
She's a good teacher ;)
a330us

Post by a330us »

well, just got another 88 paso, it was actually only about 3 hours from me in the same state and again feel like I saved it. Has 22k on it and pretty much complete and it has mufflers on it that i've not not seen any pics of in the forums. The owner was a real BS kind of guy and after telling me how nice it is and me telling him what a piece of crap it was we finally made a deal for pretty short money but it's down the list for any work other than picking up a part here and there.
It's got a set on mikuni flat sides for it, the tm38's I believe but they're not on it now and can't find much info for the TM's on the forum. I may just go back with a weber since I've got a couple of spares. It seems I've got my life's work laid out for me. :thumbup: Thanks Arch.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

Damn, Arch. Is this the one from before or another one. I`m losing count :mrgreen:
(if you put on a Weber instead of the Mikunis Higgy will drop by and give you a free hug ;) )
a330us

Post by a330us »

Hi G., it's another one but didn't want to see it parted out. It's got potential but will take a lot of work and hey, I've only got three so I have spares in case I ever wear one out! :lol: Arch.