55 DCNF?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

plasmid
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

55 DCNF?

Post by plasmid »

I noticed that on my Paso's papers (German) it states the weber is a 55 dcnf.
Is that plausible or did someone make a mistake when entering the data?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: 55 DCNF?

Post by paso750 »

it`s a typo.
In my car papers it says I can use a 225/45-17 tire on a 8x16" rim. Noone can explain how that would work :mrgreen: The rims are 8x17

G.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

paso750 wrote:it`s a typo.
In my car papers it says I can use a 225/45-17 tire on a 8x16" rim. Noone can explain how that would work :mrgreen: The rims are 8x17

G.

Strange that they would even bother to enter the carb data, which seems superfluous if it's stock.

That said, I'm trying to get an European Certificate of Conformity for my 750 Paso,
since I want to register it in France.

I sent an email with the info / copy of german papers to Ducati.

Anyone know a faster way?
Bock900r
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by Bock900r »

The Paso was build before they think about a COC. No chance to get it
Rüdiger
88 GPZ 900R
888 SP4
907ie Black
907ie Red
907 evo (project)
998 Matrix
998s FE
V50 Monza
MV Agusta 750 Evo2
ZXR750RR-K
ZXR750RR-M
Giscard
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Giscard »

plasmid wrote:
paso750 wrote:it`s a typo.

G.

Strange that they would even bother to enter the carb data, which seems superfluous if it's stock.

That said, I'm trying to get an European Certificate of Conformity for my 750 Paso,
since I want to register it in France.

I sent an email with the info / copy of german papers to Ducati.

Anyone know a faster way?
I had a UK registered Paso that I bought in France. I contacted Ducati and they said take it to your local Ducati dealer to confirm Attestation de Conformite, at a cost of about €200.
Almost 2 months after presenting my Ducati Paso (with kph speedo and rh dip headlight) at Ducati Perigueux I received a sheet of paper "Attestation D'Identification Vehicules Importes Conformes A Un Type National Francais".

I took all my documents (with copies) to the main tax office and was given a hand written copy of the quitus fiscale to confirm there was no VAT owing on it.

I then went to the sous-prefecture armed with all our documents and a copy of each.

Here after paying about €80 we received the certificat provisiore d.immatriculation and the carte gris arrived a few days later. A time consuming and frustrating process.

Good luck.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Giscard wrote:I had a UK registered Paso that I bought in France. I contacted Ducati and they said take it to your local Ducati dealer to confirm Attestation de Conformite, at a cost of about €200.
Almost 2 months after presenting my Ducati Paso (with kph speedo and rh dip headlight) at Ducati Perigueux I received a sheet of paper "Attestation D'Identification Vehicules Importes Conformes A Un Type National Francais".

I took all my documents (with copies) to the main tax office and was given a hand written copy of the quitus fiscale to confirm there was no VAT owing on it.

I then went to the sous-prefecture armed with all our documents and a copy of each.

Here after paying about €80 we received the certificat provisiore d.immatriculation and the carte gris arrived a few days later. A time consuming and frustrating process.

Good luck.

Hi Giscard,

Thanks for relating this.

That's what I read before, also of people waiting 6 months.
I want to avoid the part about inspection.

We'll see what Ducati says.

I have an Agados Motorcycle trailer from 2007 that would have needed to go through all that also,
but the manufacturer gave me a Certificate.

I'd rather have it registered in France as there's no technical inspection for motos and trailers
and they're mostly at our house in France. Plus now, the technical inspection in Germany
includes them riding the bike - sheesh.

Last time the guy came back and said - women can't ride this bike, because he almost fell.

I just hope the EU doesn't force France and NL to implement tech inspection for bikes.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

So, Ducati has refused to provide the COC.

Told me to take it to the nearest Ducati Dealer (200km away).

Compare that with the trailer manufacturer who provided the COC within 1 day via email
and also mailed it.
Giscard
model: 906 Paso

Post by Giscard »

There is a great deal written about this on many bike websites. The problem arises for vehicles registered before 2003 but which are not old enough to qualify as a classic.

Unfortunately as it's pre-2003 you won't get a Certificate of Conformity.

You'll have to go down the route of getting a certificate of homologation instead. This will necessitate taking it to a Ducati dealer to check various items are 'e' marked and that the speedo and lights conform to the Country it is intended to being used in.

Sorry.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Giscard wrote:There is a great deal written about this on many bike websites. The problem arises for vehicles registered before 2003 but which are not old enough to qualify as a classic.

Unfortunately as it's pre-2003 you won't get a Certificate of Conformity.

You'll have to go down the route of getting a certificate of homologation instead. This will necessitate taking it to a Ducati dealer to check various items are 'e' marked and that the speedo and lights conform to the Country it is intended to being used in.

Sorry.

So, you're saying if it was 30+ years old I wouldn't need the COC?

The woman I spoke with at Ducati didn't mention anything about 2003 etc,
didn't sound like she knows too much. Said this was standard for _all_ bikes being imported into France.

Ok, if I import a vehicle into Germany I need to do an inspection at the Tüv (not the dealer),
and I get the papers immediately, not some uncertain number of months after.

The only thing coming close to the EU in the US is Cali.
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport

Post by ducinthebay »

No inspection of bikes here in California. If the numbers match the paperwork, its all good.
There are no rules on modifications, except straight through exhaust pipes, but even that is almost never enforced.
Land of the Free.

But it might be coming soon.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

ducinthebay wrote:No inspection of bikes here in California. If the numbers match the paperwork, its all good.
There are no rules on modifications, except straight through exhaust pipes, but even that is almost never enforced.
Land of the Free.

But it might be coming soon.

Cheers, Phil

Good deal. None in IL also, but this bike is in the EU.

France is actually good for bikes (for now), but it's funny how 'importing' a bike from within the EU
requires a Certificate of European Conformity.

Let's see - the Germans can tell the Greeks how to bank but
the French aren't sure if a German registered vehicle conforms to EU standards.

Maybe when taxes are 105% one won't have to 'import' an EU bike from one EU country to the next.