oscam modular wheels

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

randtcastell
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: oscam modular wheels

Post by randtcastell »

Those Oscams have sooo many fasteners. Fetishy me thinks.

[img][IMG]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab47/randycastellon/duc%20has%20new%20shoes/fronttiremounted.jpg[/img][/img]

I am fortunate enough to have lighter aftermarket wheels. Each one is 5 lbs. lighter than stock. Sorry guys I couldn't help myself. Best Wishes to all. :D
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

The alloy/mag Marvic rims are beautiful but you always have to look after them and thoroughly check them once in a while for hairline cracks (usually they`re x-rayed). Also they react more on humidity also because of their material mix. Therefore old mag wheels were race only and scrapped after only a few years. Nowadays the quality of mag wheels is a different one (as they`re mostly forged not diecast) but there are race mag rims that according to their manufacturer have a lifetime of max. three years.
There`re a lot less issues with alloy rims.
There were also alloy/alloy Marvic rims in the identical design btw but only as aftermarket and in 17".

G.
randtcastell

Post by randtcastell »

Thank you G. Great information for me to live with. I eagerly soak up all the knowledge shared on this forum. You've enriched my life and made me a more competent motorcyclist. :truck:
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1994

Post by Derek »

This is what happens to old type magnesium wheels ;

That is a Speedline from the rear of a 1978 900SS that I used to have. They were about 4 years old at the time.
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
a330us
year: 1993

Post by a330us »

Hi Guys, well I bought the 88 paso with the oscam 3 piece wheels.I wanted those wheels so badly I was about to piss myself!:-) The first refusal guy couldn't get there for a couple of days so we reached a price that was good for a 7300 mile bike and it was mine. It's got a 2 into 1 on it and still don't know what the carb or carbs it has.
As usual it's a few states away and now have to get it home. It was on the Providence RI craigslist so take a gander and tell me what you think.I think i've reached my limit for awhile so ,oh wait, I don't have a blue one. Oh well. Thanks Arch.
Bock900r
year: 1991

Post by Bock900r »

You made it right :thumbup:
Rüdiger
88 GPZ 900R
888 SP4
907ie Black
907ie Red
907 evo (project)
998 Matrix
998s FE
V50 Monza
MV Agusta 750 Evo2
ZXR750RR-K
ZXR750RR-M
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

a330us wrote:Hi Guys, well I bought the 88 paso with the oscam 3 piece wheels.I wanted those wheels so badly I was about to piss myself!:-) The first refusal guy couldn't get there for a couple of days so we reached a price that was good for a 7300 mile bike and it was mine. It's got a 2 into 1 on it and still don't know what the carb or carbs it has.
As usual it's a few states away and now have to get it home. It was on the Providence RI craigslist so take a gander and tell me what you think.I think i've reached my limit for awhile so ,oh wait, I don't have a blue one. Oh well. Thanks Arch.
My first Paso had a Giacamoto 2into1. These ads do get removed, so don't expect us to find all of the photos.
Here's one though. Looks good.

http://motorcycles.yakaz.com/ducati-pas ... l5ltcadi4k
a330us

Post by a330us »

Yeah, can't wait to get it home, get it cleaned up and take a good look at what've i got.Apparently it starts right up and runs well but doesn't want to take the gas above a certain rpm, the rear brake is also a little weak he said. Be nice to see a set of dellortos on it! I can't believe I'm buying this stuff sight unseen, I've never done that in my decades of being in this hobby but paso's are really thin in my neck of the woods so had to go national. My white limited showed up today but turned out to not be as nice as i hoped but did have dell's on it so i'll probably just tuck it away for a rainy day or several!! Arch.
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

a330us wrote:Yeah, can't wait to get it home, get it cleaned up and take a good look at what've i got.Apparently it starts right up and runs well but doesn't want to take the gas above a certain rpm, the rear brake is also a little weak he said. Be nice to see a set of dellortos on it! I can't believe I'm buying this stuff sight unseen, I've never done that in my decades of being in this hobby but paso's are really thin in my neck of the woods so had to go national. My white limited showed up today but turned out to not be as nice as i hoped but did have dell's on it so i'll probably just tuck it away for a rainy day or several!! Arch.

Sight unseen can turn out OK, since you're stuck with it and usually the details that bother one upon delivery won't be as big an issue in 2-3 months as you get used to the bike.

On the other hand, I've lost count of the mileage done to view badly described bikes/cars.

I'd say you got some nice wheels and a nice exhaust at the very least.
Is this nr 4?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

With only 7.353 miles it probably needs flushing the tank, replacement of fuel lines & filters and a carb rebuild + synchronization. The rubber boots of the inlet manifolds could be perished causing leak air. All relatively easy to fix but then a low milage bike requires a lot more initial service than one which is ridden.
The "decent set of sneakers" is probably the second set that was mounted on the bike ;)

G.
a330us

Post by a330us »

Yes, this is no. 4 with the paso's, two very nice low mile ones and two with "potential". I always plan on doing a full service when I get a nice one. The line I love from PO's is everything has been checked and valves and belts LOOK good. wow, would love to have that kind of vision!! I've got to slow down now and get to work on these since I've also got a 907 project and another one that needs service.
Yeah, I expect the "sneakers" on the paso are probably at least 10 years old sine they are Michelins. Thanks goodness we finally have a source for new tires.I've also noticed that a couple of bikes are missing center stand and lift handle so wouldn't it be easier to just lose a couple of pounds of fat? The one thing that blew me out of the water was the poor abused white limited actually had a tool kit under the seat! Thanks Arch.
geomac
year: 1988

Post by geomac »

OMG, 2300 bucks and those wheels. If it is just old and not molested with that 7000 miles, it should be sweat. Tires and then check all rubber, tune up and fuel system clean out and you should be good to go. Last year I saw an ad for a blue Paso 70 miles away but had no cash and a full one car garage of bikes.
Good riding to ya.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

The missing center stand may be because it collides with the 2in1 exhaust. Mine came with the same exhaust and was missing the center stand, too.
a330us

Post by a330us »

it was somewhat less than the $2300 :D and hopefully it's being picked up this morning by a friend of a friend that'll get it down much closer to me in NC. It was actually a strange story. The owner died that morning of the day I bought the bike but his business had been selling off his collection of cars and bikes for some time so never got a chance to talk to the guy who had it for several years.
Hi G., forgot about the problems that a 2 into 1 cause at times. do you know what kind of exhaust it is? I guess it would be lighter than stock but was it a postive for the bike or just noise? Arch.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

The exhaust is a Gio.Ca.moto (to my knowledge the actual manufacturer was Sebring).
https://app.box.com/shared/yrb6c0887z/1 ... 36248809/1
It`s an absorbtion silencer, hence a straight through with a larger diameter so it`s louder and has less back pressure which should theorectically improve max. power output. If the 2in1 design has technical advantages compared to a 2in2 I don`t know.

So know you`re still missing a 906 ? :)