parts for 1987 Paso 750

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Jeffreyt
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

parts for 1987 Paso 750

Post by Jeffreyt »

Does anyone know where I can get a right side front directional yellow lens and a run/off switch. My poor Paso fell over in the trailer and broke the lens and the run switch.

Thanks for any help
paisano

Re: parts for 1987 Paso 750

Post by paisano »

plasmid

Post by plasmid »

Jeffreyt wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a right side front directional yellow lens and a run/off switch. My poor Paso fell over in the trailer and broke the lens and the run switch.

Thanks for any help

Sorry to hear that.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ducati-Blinker-7 ... 58add30abd

the whole thing - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ducati- ... 8a&vxp=mtr
Jeffreyt

Post by Jeffreyt »

Thanks guys for your help in finding these parts. I really appreciate it. Now all I have to do is figure out why it stopped running which ended up with putting it in the trailer. I think the stator may be bad because it started out with a good battery but after it stopped running after 15 minutes it would barely turn over before the battery wouldn't turn it more than one or two strokes. Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Jeff
nickta
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by nickta »

It is possible to test the output of the Alternator. Unplug the bullet connectors of the Alternator and clip a multimeter to the Alternator output. You should get a resistance across the coil. I think the resistance is in the maintenance manual?

Another possible is the regulator is shot. Clip your multimeter across the battery (set it to DC volts),start the bike. The voltage should go up with revs. Don't disconnect the battery with this step. The regulator needs a load,like charging a battery etc. No load and the regulator will most likely cook.

It's possible to check the output voltage of the Alternator, but if you are not sure of what you are doing, you could give yourself a clout that could hurt a lot! An Auto Electrician should be able to do it in about 5 minutes.

Cheers.

Nick.