Wiring on 750 Paso

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Jeffreyt
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Wiring on 750 Paso

Post by Jeffreyt »

In this photo I am wondering where this is suppose to be attached?

This picture shows the three pole connector with various wires but which goes to which post on the connector and what wires go to the horn?
Attachments
IMG_0749-600.jpg
IMG_0749-600.jpg (139.6 KiB) Viewed 7123 times
IMG_0748-600.jpg
IMG_0748-600.jpg (179.02 KiB) Viewed 7123 times
streetsurfer
year: 1988

Re: Wiring on 750 Paso

Post by streetsurfer »

Looks like it had an alternate horn at one point. Pretty sure the three prong relay there is not part of the stock configuration. Its not part of the stock horn circuit at least.

The green/black wire's connector and the grey wire's connector are the stock horn wires.
One of the two G/bk comes from fuse block connector (four pin) to one side of horn. The other g/bk from that connector connects to front stop light switch (sharing the circuit)
The grey connects to the other side of the horn and runs to a six pin connector where five positions are used, on through a nine pin, and on to the horn switch.

Hope that helps.
Jeffreyt

Post by Jeffreyt »

Thanks Streetsurfer, I appreciate the info but that is the standard wiring diagram which shows the two green and black wires connecting to this three post connector and then one of these two wires goes to one side of the horn and the grey wire going to the other. I have attached the grey wire to one side of the horn but can't see where the other side of the horn should connect. Both of the green and black wires come out to the wire bundle but neither goes to the horn and I don't know where the orange wire coming from the regulating unit should attach but it leads to the area of the three post connector with a female bayonet fitting on the end but not sure where it fits on. There are a lot of after market mods including Mikuni carbs. Oh yes, we're having fun now!
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

but that is the standard wiring diagram which shows the two green and black wires connecting to this three post connector
no it doesn`t. If you look at the wiring diagram #13 is the front brake light switch.
As Streetsurfer said that relay was added. Normally that`s were the horn bracket is mounted hence that`s were the grey and green/black wires lead to.
Remove the relay, the orange wire and the ground connection and go back to original. (if later you figure out what that was meant for you can still put it back in)
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

The green and black wire is the switched power feed to just about everything on the bike . :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Jeffreyt

Post by Jeffreyt »

Thank you both Paso Grand Poo-bah and Mc tool. You just game me an "ah ha" moment with your information and now I see the way my Paso should be wired and why I was having so much trouble trying to figure out the wiring diagram that I have which is in color that I got from this web. I love this site and will send a contribution to the kitty because I have been agonizing over this problem for more than two years. I have never taken my Paso in for a safety inspection because of the inoperative horn. When I got the Paso it had two horns inside the headlight fairing held in place with the turn signal screws. Thank you again!!
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

if that is so then the previous owner operated those two horns via that relay.

original:
Attachments
IMG_1641.jpg
IMG_1641.jpg (42.93 KiB) Viewed 7069 times
streetsurfer

Post by streetsurfer »

You're welcome.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

paso750 wrote:if that is so then the previous owner operated those two horns via that relay.
That was my thought too. I recently got a new horn for my Paso, and it actually came with a relay because it requires more power than the stock unit.

Haven't installed it yet though, because it also requires that it be installed near vertical, and there aren't many near vertical places to install a horn where it'll do any good, so I need to fab up a bracket. (Probably hang it where the front brake line splitter used to go; two empty holes there since I went to a 2-line kit)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750