new Paso owner

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

angelix
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1990

Re: still having issues

Post by angelix »

Could be anything, starting from a dodgy connection to something more mechanical.

start ruling out the electrics proceeding per grades:
- check the battery connections, to and from, clean them from oxyde and fit them with a little grease (I had a "sneeze" on my 907 and was the battery POSITIVE Oxydized!!!!!)
- check all connectors for play and oxidation, refit with connectors grease
- check ALL grounds take them out, clean, put them back with connectors grease
- check the KEY SWITH , they get loose and with the vibration they start to heat up and create circuits breaks.
- check the EMERGENCY STOP SWITCH , The loom tends to short where it meets the switch
- do you have the DIGIPLEX or the Modules? you have to borrow separate sets from someone and check if the problem is there.

Mechanical...
have you checked compression? maybe one valve is burned and there you have the back fire and the sputter.

FUEL
The carbs must be synched properly, only with a meter you will see that; They are chap or you can make your own meter using two plastic bottles and some clear pipe.

Plugs
replace them, years ago I got crazy with an old BMW I was restoring, everything was new and properly set and still it would backfire and eventually one cilinder would die, I then fond out that for some reason one of the spark plugs (new out of the box) was the culprit.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: new Paso owner

Post by paso750 »

I've merged your posts so it`s easier to follow (what was already done or suggested)
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

you can't do it with out some sort of air flow measuring device, you can make your own fairly cheap or buy one for around 50usd They are simple devices easy to make and details can be found in the FAQ
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

I have some pilot jets showing up tomorrow.. still running the 40's... Got 37.5 and 35.. I have checked all but the ignition and kill switches, I will investigate those...
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

New battery and 37.5's definitely helped, no more backfires through carb... Last step is syncing

:update:
bike running great, still has just a slight stumble when you just crack the throttle, but running pretty much perfect otherwise.
140 main, 37.5 pilot, needle on third clip(dyno jet) and 3.5 turns out on mix screws..
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »