discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Single Cylinder Paso

Post by paso750 »

the red wire to the starter is connected to one side of the starter solenoid. All other red wires are connected to the other side. The thinner red/yellow one coming from the starter button switches it.
WPT Paso
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by WPT Paso »

That's the way I wired it, something has changed though, as soon as i add power to the solenoid the bike starts, interestingly enough when I pull the power it won't stay running. I am wondering if maybe it is a stuck relay.....and if there is a replacement relay for the Sipea 1440.

Thank You
angelix
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1990

Post by angelix »

The relais on that bike are very common (actually most automotive relais are very common) and if you check carefully on the case itself you will see a diagram of how it works; with that in hand you can easyly find a pin-to-pin replacement in probably any good spare parts dealer.

When I say good, I mean ran by somebody capable of matching your relay; Nowadays often the dealers just read the part codes and the PC screens...

if you go to a DUCATI dealer and ask for an old part number , most likely they will have difficulties to even find the fiche of the bike model you are referring to.... then if you dig a little you discover that the same item with different part numbers is used in 127 models , across 4-5 different brands including tractors, lorries and cars.