instrument cluster 750 paso

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

a330us
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

instrument cluster 750 paso

Post by a330us »

Hi Guys, just noticed on my low miles, 4900 miles, 87 paso that the cluster doesn't have the large black insert inside the clear cover that covers around the instruments and warning lights. It does have a black strip that just covers the lights and goes up to a slight point in the middle to cover the turn signal lights. All looks very well done as in factory but I'm looking and seeing the white instrument case in back of the instruments. I'm thinking that I can't believe with such low miles that some PO has gone in and manage to break the insert and cobble up something.
So I go straight to ebay and look around for a trashed one cheap that i can rob the black insert out of and there is one that is identical to mine! So is this a tidbit on paso's that has escaped me? Anybody else got one of these? Thanks Arch.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: instrument cluster 750 paso

Post by paso750 »

You can be sure that no Paso left the factory w/o that black frame.
How do the clips of the clear plastic cover look? Anyone broken or cracked ? Is the black foam part on top still glued to the instrument cluster?
a330us
year: 1993

Post by a330us »

Thanks G, one clip is cracked and foam still glued but what are the chances that there would be another identical to mine with same 3 little white screws that are on the edge of the strip to hold it rather than screwed through it? It just seems strange. I can't find the PO's phone number to call and see if he knew anything. Oh well, back to trying to find some NOS muffler bearings :-) Arch.

;-

higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

BMW has them in stock ! Muffler bearings that is :lol: :lol:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie