Paso wants to start

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

a330us
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Paso wants to start

Post by a330us »

As some might recall brought home a $650 88 parts bike last month. Upon closer inspection it appears to be very restorable so today I cleaned all around the bottom of the eng since it didn't even have a oil filter or drain plug in it. I replaced all that stuff and cleaned the plastic filter in the side. It took a little while cranking in several second spurts mindful of the starter and no fuel going through the fuel pump. I mainly just wanted to see the oil pressure light go out which it did. On a whim I sprayed a little carb cleaner across the top of the weber and it tried to start. Quite a noise with no exhaust on it! My wife came down and ask if was shooting at something! Might try and do something custom with this, nice to know that at least it's been saved from the parts bin. :choo: Regards Arch.
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1992

Re: paso wants to start

Post by englishstiv »

"nice to know that at least it's been saved from the parts bin."

That's the really nice part of this thread and would be great to see some updates on the rebuild, what parts are missing? good luck :thumbup:
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
a330us
year: 1993

Re: Paso wants to start

Post by a330us »

Well it's pretty much all there with the normal cracked and chipped fairing pieces and even came with a couple extra side fairings in same condition. It also has the euro taillight and bub mufflers along with the clutch cover which would make it about worth what I paid for it. The tank is trashed but seems to be a plentiful supply around so I'll stick it in the lineup for eventual attention. Thanks Arch.
wcmiller2002
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by wcmiller2002 »

This is a good thing you are doing. Please provide a laundry list and I will see what I have duplicate spares of.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

I have a spare tank & petcock I'm willing to part with; presently red, no cap. It wasn't pristine, as I recall, but I haven't looked at it in a while. If you're interested I can come up with a real description and pictures. Just let me know.
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750