Introducing

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

SebastiaanPost
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: Introducing

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Where can i get a new air filter for the weber? I have read somewhere that you could use filters from a different maker?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Finally, got the big red woman running. She runs great!!!
so what was it?

The airfilter is the same as on many other Ducatis. Paso, Sport/888/ST2/SS/Monster
Or K&N DU-0900. Just google Ducati Paso airfilter
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Spark plugs. Got two bad new plugs. Again two new plugs. And she runs. Almost gave her up.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

So, is it normal that your engine runs without choke just as great with a cold engine as with a warm engine? I dont have to use the choke anymore. Just a bit trottle and she runs. And when warm, start and run. I know i went to hell and back with the paso. But am i in heaven now? It all sounds to good to be true. Pictures are coming. Also found new Exhausts. Original from silentium. But i havent seen these on the paso forum yet.
Balarrasa
year: 1988

Post by Balarrasa »

Hi Sebastian. I've the same problem with my 88 Paso. When stone cold it idles fine but when hot and stopping at lights the carburettor spits at idle and engine stalls. So, if you find where the trouble lies make me know please.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

IVe replaced the spark plugs. Did the electric upgrade. Changed my old bobines with bobines from aprilia RSV mille. Did a carb cleaning. Cleaned the inlet. Checked timing belt. Checked space between the pick up and flywheel. Also look at the float height of the carburator. Mine was not good. That also changed alot. Did valve clearance. Basicly balarrasa, i did it all haha. When i bought the bike it didnt run properly.
I would start with the spark plugs. Keep this in mind. The engine needs air, fuel and spark. Check all the ground connections. Check all the wiring. It is a lot of work but in the end it pays. I was on the brink of selling, the bike. Got a set of bad spark plugs. You win a lotterly faster than that.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

OW, small update, my regulator/rectifier died today, ive got 15,8 volts at the battery. Battery didnt liked that. Now bought a used one from a Yamaha fz600. ITS a 7 pins, so i have to gave it a thought. Colors on it are 3x white. 1 red 1 black 1 Brown 1 green. 3 white is generator. 1 green is stator 1 red is battery 1 green is ground 1 Brown is lights and stuff. If im wrong please let me know. Dont want to ruin this regulator. Part nummer is SH233A-12
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

So, is it normal that your engine runs without choke just as great with a cold engine as with a warm engine?
When stone cold it idles fine but when hot and stopping at lights the carburettor spits at idle and engine stalls.
in both cases the engines might run a bit too rich
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

G,

What do you think about the color codes from the rectifier?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

imo that three phase Yamaha regulator won`t work
https://www.carmo.nl/images/Yamaha_XS65 ... _rotor.jpg
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Ive seen the picture. Do i have to use all the wires to use the rectifier? I thought that it wasnt needed?
I cant Find the right rectifier in the netherlands for now. Ive spoken to Rudy, but hè hasnt any left.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

wrong type of regulator, excited field regulators I don't think will work either, Could be wrong, on this type of regulator the battery also provides the magnetic field. Never thought to try but chances are the battery can't provide the current to make it work as intended
get one of these and never look back :beer:

http://roadstercycle.com/

available world wide near you :thumbup:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

So, what kind of connections do i need to make a rectifier work on a ducati paso? It is the old model paso 750. 3 x dynamo. 1 12 volt? 1 ground? 1 for lights and stuff?
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Ive got also a rectifier 5 pin. 1 red 1 green 1 white and 2 yellow. Anybody ideas?
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Guys, i f#$¥£ed up. My voltage meter ( died) gives wrong measurments. I checked my own car, my work car, even checked Some dead batteries and yes, it gives 4 volts more. After 8 years it just died on me. Why does stuff around me keep breaking? I have to say that i have a lot of bad luck in my life. But im rich, got a wonderful wife, and two great and healthy children. So i wont complain!!! Next reply will be the pictures of the paso, with new shinko tyres and awesome Exhausts.