Introducing

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

SebastiaanPost
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: Introducing

Post by SebastiaanPost »

It has the original plugs. Champions. The problem is the vertical vpcylinder. This week i go on holiday, so i Will take the hayabusa for a spin in germany. When im back, im going to take all the elektric loom off. Check for any defecte. Replace what needs to be replaced. Visual look into the pick up system. Maybe a wire is a little lose, i dont know. If the wiring and all that doesnt work. Then i take the heads off. Burned valve??? Who knows. For now im done with the paso. Tommorrow a day of work and then relaxing in germany with my kids and family.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Before i go i have a final thing to ask. When you open up the left Side engine cover to unveal the pick ups and flywheel, Will there be oil faling out??? Of so, how much??? The entire Carter or just a little oil???
Can the engine be started with this case open??? Or is it impossible. Note, bike runs on one cilinder only when warm. Also sometimes my iPad changed the things i type, so yes, i speaky english, my iPad not. Think the iPad i a Japanese or something. Hope to hear from you guys. This paso needs to ride.
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Happy to see you did it with the weber!
You'd rather to drain oil first of all and build a puller for the bearing under the "ducati elettronica" label in the left cover.
One question: your paso has Kokusan black boxes or digiplex ignition?
In both cases you can have a look to all connections in the wiring.
For Kokusan, switching vertical to orizontal can help you debbugging: a broken blackbox will carry his trouble while moving. The same for coils.
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
Brutus
year: 1989

Post by Brutus »

Gents, I always put a block of wood under the left side of the centerstand and the gashandle against the wall to prevent it falling over. Nearly no oil spill.
It will be difficult to have the engine running without the cover, because the altenator is mounted within.
Léon
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Any progress..?

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Looping for a new tyre. A switch for the Side stand aan a new regulator. Also busy with our home. Will update when making progress!!!
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Small update. Bought mikunis. New rear tyre. Regulator. Made the upgrade wiring. New bobines. Spark plugs ordered. Waiting for them now. Saving money for a new front tyre. Also thinking of polishing the rims. Any ideas? Also gave the fuel tank a flush and clean. Had Some rust in it. Still looking for a switch for the Side stand. The mikunis are from a monster 600. Any tips or tricks for that?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Also thinking of polishing the rims. Any ideas?
go to the bottom of this link and check the next page as well
http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic. ... 3&start=60
The mikunis are from a monster 600. Any tips or tricks for that?
Check the FAQs. It is said that some channels in the 600 Mikuni are smaller than in the one of the 750/900. If that`s true I don`t know.
Check every jet and needle and write down their sizes. Then start off with the 750 or even 900SS jetting. The one from the 600 won`t work.
Get 750SS/Monster carb manifolds. Not from a 600 or 900.

G.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

G. You are my Hero. Only for today. Tomorrow my Son is my Hero again. So, a lot of work that polishing and buffing. Fired my paso this night. But first i readjusted the float height. One touch start button and she fires right up. Also checked the color of my gasoline. Noticed it is a bit brownies. Maybe residu from the tank cleaning? Tommorrow hopefully time for synchro the weber. Mikunis are not at home right now. NeXT update tommorrow?
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

So the mikuni is lost in the progress. Should have arrived but still nothing. So, the weber again. What a piece of work. Still cant het it to stay at idle. Buffing and puffing. Even rechecked the float level. 46mm just like the book says. It runs great above 3000 rpms. Under it is like shit, but worst then that. Made a lot of new parts on it. And made my circle complete. Still no idle running paso. Thinking of selling it. Deels like it runs on hope, and im losing. Haha. Im giving it a rest for now.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

+1 to Hamish Mctoolie :beer: My Brother from another mother :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

SebastiaanPost wrote:So the mikuni is lost in the progress. Should have arrived but still nothing. So, the weber again. What a piece of work. Still cant het it to stay at idle. Buffing and puffing. Even rechecked the float level. 46mm just like the book says. It runs great above 3000 rpms. Under it is like shit, but worst then that. Made a lot of new parts on it. And made my circle complete. Still no idle running paso. Thinking of selling it. Deels like it runs on hope, and im losing. Haha. Im giving it a rest for now.
Sebastiaan, I have my float level at 43mm (with gasket). Furthermore, my cali model only responds well between idle and 3000 rpm with the idle jet screws 4 x 360 degrees out. Going up a size on idle in combination with 1,5 turns out wouldn't do the trick.

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Thanks for the advice Brutus. So, today checked my timing. IVe ordered a new ignition timer. Or stroboscoop. Dont know the english word now. And the timing is spot on. Just like the Manuel. So that one is a clear fix and no problem. So, in the shower, got this idea. What if i changed the belt timing. So that the valves open up slightly earlier and close sooner. Any thoughts on that idea? Maybe this would disable the coaching out of the weber. Let me know guys. I love my paso, and i hate her. Hahaha
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Finally, got the big red woman running. She runs great!!! Spark plugs changed. ITS amazing!!! A new bike. Only negatieve point now. Almost done polishing the rims. Thanks g for the link. Got a new rear tyre. Shinko. The front tyre had enough tread on it. But gave it a thought and now change the front 2. IVe got 12,4 volts on the bobines G. IVe done all the modifications. She is yet again. A champ. Further updates Will follow plus pictures. Everybody loves pictures. Also on the hunt for stock original Exhausts.