Introducing

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

SebastiaanPost
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: Introducing

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Rich , not in money but happines!!! Just saying.
Brutus
year: 1989

Post by Brutus »

Sorta glad to see that it's just not my stuff that keeps breaking down.. ;)
year: 1988

Post by Balarrasa »

My 2 cents. Just give a look at spark plugs. Rear cylinder brown/black. Seems fine to me. Front one brownish/white. I know rear cylinder must run richer, but not so much. New sparks and less than a quarter opening of front cylinder richeness screw and goes fine without stalling. Worth riding at the end. Pfewww.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Great news balarrasa. Happy that you ride again nicely. Still waiting for Some time to put the shinkos on the rims. Im patient enough!
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

First ride today with the new tyres and all. First ten minutes fun 2 drive. Goes like a champ. But then, the bitch losse power at full throttle. Easy ride under 4000 rpm. Above also relaxed. But when asking to go like the rocket she is, she refuses. She doesnt give any or little power. Im really getting irritated!!! Anyone ideas? Losing my mind here! The new tyres are great by the way. Shinko it is. Nice and warm after the ride. Anyone out there 2 help me!!!
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

What is your Weber setup? Did you check the color of the spark plugs? I noticed that the slightest change in setup of the Weber causes loss or gaining power.
Léon

Post by SebastiaanPost »

All original Brutus. Stock air filter. Stock Exhausts. Stock weber. All is original. First 10 minutes where awesome. Loves it. Smile ear to ear. Ive got the Weber in carb cleaner now. Let is stay a night. Maybe still dirty? Spark plugs little bit Carbon foul but on the normal Side.
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

SebastiaanPost wrote:All original Brutus. Stock air filter. Stock Exhausts. Stock weber. All is original. First 10 minutes where awesome. Loves it. Smile ear to ear. Ive got the Weber in carb cleaner now. Let is stay a night. Maybe still dirty? Spark plugs little bit Carbon foul but on the normal Side.
Hej Sebastiaan, the original setting isn't a guarantee that it is the optimum setup for your paso. Even Webers with the same numbers stamped on it could work different on the paso. If you'd suspect that it is to lean or to rich, then it could be worth the effort to change main and/or idle jets one step to see if it makes a difference.

My paso also has a perfect colour on the plugs, but still a bit of a lean stumble between 4500-5000 rpm. Above 5k it runs perfect.

Good thing you have saved this paso from the scrapyard ;)

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Thanks Brutus. Tomorrow im going to check the peacok from the fuel tank. Still Some debris? Maybe float height needle still not good? Also crossed my mind, maybe change the fuel pump? Something stronger? Ive seen Some good fuel pumps on marktplaats.
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Beware of the stronger fuelpumps. I recently removed the stock one, cause it gives to much psi. Now I run a vaccuumpump. No electrics and it works perfect. I've posted another thread about it.
Léon
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Maybe fuel filter full of sh**t or main jets. Removing the tank can cause troubles. You might also remove the petcock and have a look at the net screen inside.
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Main jets it was. Runs great now. Good power. Great shifting. Nice idle. Love the shinko tyres. They remind me of pirelli on my old zzr 1100. Feelings happy now. Time for a good cleaning because the panels are greased and fingerstripes everything. So, we saved another paso from the junkyard. Lets start saving money for the next paso. Still pics Will follow. Also Many thanks for the advice from you guys. We are a select few!!!
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Before i begin saving money for my next paso i would like to do Some modifications on the paso. I mean Brakes. Brakelines. Ive seen these nice desmo caps, lid on the brake reservoir. Rear tire fender. Stuff like that. So if anyone wants to do a shout for these items. Or Some examples with pics?
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Guys. Major issue. Came late from work and thought. Lets take the paso for a spin. I drove about 30 kilometers i think, and as i arrived at my town, löss of power. High rpm, forget about it. Low rpm still a little bit power and then nothing. Just died. Out of the blue. So i waited for maybe 20 seconds. Fires it a little bit up and came home hoffing and puffing. No fuel? No spark? Battery dead? I hear the pump working. Ive got spark. Battery is good. Fuel pressure? Could it be a really slow fuel starvation? I have my hands in my hair here. Im getting a bit annoyed now by the paso. Thoughts Will be welcome!