year: 1989

Re: Introducing

Post by Brutus »

One coil malfunctioning?
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by SebastiaanPost »

I replaced the coils. Ive looked in the tank this evening and saw a lot of rust. So, tank drained. Fuel out and out goes the fuel petcock. And, just as lucky i am, it broke. The small filter was not good. And the petcock container 2 pieces. One fits in the other. And one fits not right in the other. ITS in a angle. So, need a new petcock with filter and gasket. Just my luck!!! And maybe, Brutus is right. Bad coil, i hope not. Because yesterday it ran great. I did Some km also, and nothing wrong. Now a lot of rust.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

Cleaned the tank again. And ordered mikunis. They are from a monster 900. Dont know what to change, Except that the inlet manifold needs to be shortened? Anybody here riding mikuni 900 monster?
ITS a complete set, with inlets and cables and all. So, who knows what to do with these carbs?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

i was a mechanic. Bought a paso. And became a meccanico!!!
no offense but reading through your topic it seems to me that you weren`t a mechanic before but you`re now becoming one :truck:
Why would you buy Mikunis if you don`t know what to do with them? :-P My tip read the FAQs, then check and write down the sizes of all jets & needles that are currently installed then put the whole thing in a bag and on the shelve.
It makes no sense starting a new project if your current issues are not solved. While if you were very lucky the issues could be gone with it it`s more likely that you will just head towards more or other issues so imho get the bike sorted first before considering making any bigger changes. It will just make it more difficult to figure out the current source of your problems.

G.
SebastiaanPost

Post by SebastiaanPost »

ive read most of it. the site is full of info, but its scattered info. Its all over the place with links that dont work to links with links in it. I dont want to wasted my time anymore with reading and searcing. I want to ride my bike. Simple. i expect to get a normal answer on normal question. If anyone rides a paso with mikuni 900 monster carburateur. I would like to know what needles and jets hè used. Im done checking and writing stuff down. And yes, it is offensive. I have experience with many brands, german and Japanese. Even french, hate them but still, they just do what they should do, and thats work Also, it isnt a project. A project is something that hasnt done before. Im not looking for a debate, of discussion or what not. My other paso worked great with almost the same modifications. And this one just doesnt want to work and why? Well, i say its the weber. So mikuni it is. No offense Gerhard!
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

:banghead: FAQ
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Yuo wrote before it was dirty in main jets. This means there's a lot of shit flowing around. Change the filter and clean the net screen inside the petcock and close to the inlet of the carburetteur. I think it thakes a 19mm wrench
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

So, tank drained. Fuel out and out goes the fuel petcock. And, just as lucky i am, it broke. The small filter was not good.
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Iron tank and carburetteurs aren't easy to clean, there might be still something else floating somewhere
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(