who still makes a new rear shock?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

geomac
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

who still makes a new rear shock?

Post by geomac »

Does any one, especially in the USA, still make a new replacement rear shock for an 1988 Paso 750? Or is there a crossover from a different brand bike that would fit? Progressive used to still list one back a few years ago. Anyone in Europe still provide an option?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Re: who still makes a new rear shock?

Post by paso750 »

You didn`t even try to find that info. ;) In Europe there`s Wilbers and Bitubo, in US there were shocks from Fox performance or Penske. The Paso shock is quite long compared to others so finding a replacement from another bike might not be that easy.
Norman38

Post by Norman38 »

There is also "Öhlins".
geomac

Post by geomac »

paso750 wrote:You didn`t even try to find that info. ;) In Europe there`s Wilbers and Bitubo, in US there were shocks from Fox performance or Penske. The Paso shock is quite long compared to others so finding a replacement from another bike might not be that easy.
Thank you for your help. Very useful. For the record, I did multiple searches on this forum, turned up nothing. Tried my usual sources in US and nothing. I forgot about Penske. Fox never showed up in the searches, so thanks for those.
900streetfighter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by 900streetfighter »

Hagon in uk do a good quality 'budget' shock that has combined compression/rebound adjustment. I have one on my 907 i'm quite happy with. They also do a remote hydrolic preload gizmo that can be retro fitted. They are rebuilable which is nice. Check out the cafe builders they are using hagon shocks a lot so someone must be importing them to US. You should be able to get your existing marzocchi serviced, theres firms here in uk that can do them.
paisano
year: 1987

Post by paisano »

http://www.worksperformance.com/pdf/app ... street.pdf

Got one of these on my monster - I've been very happy with it and will replace the weird-ass air shock on my paso with a Works if I ever get around to it. I have a Fournales (French made, I think?) which dampens well, but the rebound is a little harsh for my taste. Needs some special pump to adjust, and I don't have the slightest idea how to do that so I've left it alone!