discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Brutus
model: 750 Paso
year: 1989

inlet manifold rubbers 750 paso

Post by Brutus »

Gents,
At the moment I'm running on the stock Weber. Only thing is that my inlet rubbers shows cracks all along the side. Can't find new Oem parts and don't want to order used ones. Anyone experience with rubbers of a monster or ss with some alteration..?
Léon
year: 1988

Re: inlet manifold rubbers 750 paso

Post by Hunter »

I have used, in a pinch, automobile fuel tank filler neck hose. It is very strong and fuelproof. Any good auto supply should have it available in a size that would work.
Hunter
Just smile and nod..........
Frank.61

Post by Frank.61 »

Hi,

Did some research and found similar manifold rubbers from Ariete: 06955/B or 06954. :idea:

Not sure they are exactly the same as the Ducati's but would be surprised if main dimensions are not correct.
The 06955/B has a slightly bigger outer diameter of 59 mm instead of the original 52 mm.
The 06954 has no ribs on the inner diameters.
Other dimensions seem the same as originals. :thumbup:

If someone has an unused rubber and is able to measure the exact dimensions I can check it once more (used mine which are also really old). :wacko:

Not sure original is no longer available, but if so this is a good alternative.

Sorry but still do not know how to upload pictures but if you Google: Ariete + number you will find cross drawings and dimensions (got mine from their old motorcycle spare parts catalogue).

Let me know who has experiences with this subject.
Bimota SB4-S - 1984
Ducati Paso 750 - 1989
Suzuki SV1000S - 2008
Ducati Monster 796 abs - 2010
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Tx. I have managed to purchase good flexabile used ones. No cracks. The option Frank mentioned is very interesting. Think I will buy a set and put it on the shelf till next time.
Léon

Post by Brutus »

Gents, just a short reply how to install the manifold rubbers without tearing them apart eventually. Maybe logic to the must of you, but I had to learn it the hard way.. Normally I janked off the Weber by opening the upper two clamps of the rubbers. So the rubbers stay on the heads and the weber comes off without them. Reinstalling them takes some force to get them on. Never bothered to release the lower two clamps on the rubbers. Now I recked a couple of them, but didn't care cause I had enough in stock. Last time I opened my box and it was empty.. sh@t.. I have found an good set at a local dealer for a more then reasonable price, but I have to be more carefull from now on.
This is how it's done: release both clamps on removing the Weber. Put the rubbers and the two lose clamps (four for the two rubbers) back on the heads. When reinstalling the rubbers it flexes on both sides, so less force is needed. This will lengthen the life of the rubbers..
Plz give me no cr@p. Got enough of that at work. I'm lazy by nature.. :beer: :beer: :mrgreen: