discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

notned
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

New Member from New Zealand

Post by notned »

Hi Guys,

My Name is Paul and I ( after a 12 year kid hiatus) am back on a bike! and now I have three.
I have a Ducati Paso 750 1987 model with Ohlins rear shock and reconditioned Marzocchi M1R front end
The thing with this bike, is that it has had a 2001 750 monster motor shoehorned into it.....bliss as it has Mikuni's and they make the bike run sweetly :) I got it with 2 new tryes and a recent new battery so it should be reliable for a while......... Only drawback is that the Monster motor only puts out 62HP in stock form, bit down on the Original Paso motor at 72! sigh.......I guess it makes up for reliability and that I cannot go too fast and kill myself....lol
Also have a Cagiva Alazzurra 650 which I bought off a mate who raced it, I am currently getting it back to original condition with all original body work Air intake and silencers, once complete and rideable I intend to ride it and get the feel of it before stripping it down again and racing it myself.
Also am restoring a 1982 Suzuki RM125 which is coming along nicely :)

Had plenty of bikes in the past,1973 Triumph 750 Bonneville, Ducati GTL500, 750 Sport, Mountaineer, Montessa Cota 247, DKW175, Zundapp 50, and spent 10 years doing up a 1941 741B 500cc Indian, which when finished was a thing of Beauty! had a few Japanese bikes too, but not a big fan.

anyway enough about me, I stumbled across this site whilst on Ducpower.com and have enjoyed reading thru the posts and enjoy tongue in cheek humour :)

So another Paso to the fold!

Cheers
Paul
Attachments
Monster motor.jpg
Monster motor.jpg (344.63 KiB) Viewed 14645 times
Ally side on.jpg
Ally side on.jpg (388.48 KiB) Viewed 14645 times
Paso.jpg
Paso.jpg (360.65 KiB) Viewed 14645 times
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: New Member from New Zealand

Post by paso750 »

Hello Paul
Only drawback is that the Monster motor only puts out 62HP in stock form, bit down on the Original Paso motor at 72! sigh
That`s not a drawback. The Paso engine does not have 72hp. At the crank maybe but if you see a dyno chart it`s not more than 64hp at the rear wheel. The use of higher compression pistons and a Weber didn`t give it 10hp more ;)

What size front tire is that ?

G.
Fraser
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Hi Paul,

Where about in NZ are you? Was the Paso recently (in the last few months) on TradeMe, as I seem to remember one that struggled to get $4K?
Cheers,

Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Hi Paul ( good Kiwi name that )Where abouts in NZ , unless its Auckland , in which case your better off sayin' nothing :D . We are a good bunch here , fairly stereotypical of our geographic locations :P , with a wide range of mechanical skills and experience ....... all the way from Guru to penis fingers. I don't think we are a purist bunch in that most of us have made sensible modifications to our Paso's .
Hamish
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
notned

Post by notned »

Hi Guys and thanks for the welcome :)
I am in CHCH
Interesting about the Hp figures....Falloons Ducati Catalogue is where I got the figures from.
Hi Fraser, Yes it was on Trademe, I rode it back from Oamaru where it was from. I paid 3K with new front tyre thrown in :)

16 inch front wheel with soon to go on brand new 130/60ZR16 ( Shinko)

Hamish, where are you based?

Was at the Sound of Thunder last weekend, for the John Britten tribute and had the only Paso there!
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

this is a chart of a 907ie. I have another from a 750S with Dell orto conversion and it shows 64hp and one of a P750 with Mikuni conversion showing 61.5hp.
Attachments
970ie flowed heads.jpg
970ie flowed heads.jpg (39.58 KiB) Viewed 14598 times
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Hi Paul ...... oh cool , another MAINLANDER , Yay! . I know of at least one other Paso in Chch , shouldn't be to hard to spot him ..... his sprocket bolts have probly worked loose again by now :D .Im from Invercargill , and I think the (Kiwi) rest are on the wrong side of the ditch. :)
Pablo The Squirrel

Post by Pablo The Squirrel »

Wellington Here
amphilex

Post by amphilex »

I'm in Blenheim, that's the mainland last I checked.....
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Welcome, Paul!

Cool to see a Monster block wedged into the Paso's square frame rails (I've an M750, as well as a P750). I also dig the IMO Renzo sticker ... while I'm not usually a fan of extra stickers, I think that one's a fine touch. :thumbup: :beer:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
The Paua Poacher
model: 900 SS

Post by The Paua Poacher »

Auckland but lived in Chch (auto spell comes up Chechnya haha) when young

It's raining at the moment just in case you are wondering
icekube1
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by icekube1 »

Mc tool wrote:Hi Paul ...... oh cool , another MAINLANDER , Yay! . I know of at least one other Paso in Chch , shouldn't be to hard to spot him ..... his sprocket bolts have probly worked loose again by now :D .Im from Invercargill , and I think the (Kiwi) rest are on the wrong side of the ditch. :)
Ahhh, Invercargill. How I miss it (truly). I can just picture taking the 907 on day rides up to Manapouri via Clifden and Blackmount. Or a quick hammer over the Winton-Mataura Road. Perfect. Hopefully they're still as cop free as they used to be.

Sigh.

And to the OP... congratulations on your purchase. Plenty of good riding in your neck of the woods too.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

icekube1 wrote:
Mc tool wrote:Hi Paul ...... oh cool , another MAINLANDER , Yay! . I know of at least one other Paso in Chch , shouldn't be to hard to spot him ..... his sprocket bolts have probly worked loose again by now :D .Im from Invercargill , and I think the (Kiwi) rest are on the wrong side of the ditch. :)
Ahhh, Invercargill. How I miss it (truly). I can just picture taking the 907 on day rides up to Manapouri via Clifden and Blackmount. Or a quick hammer over the Winton-Mataura Road. Perfect. Hopefully they're still as cop free as they used to be.

Sigh.

Holy favourite scratch roads batman , I sure am pleased I'm not a nail :lol:
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

I sure am pleased I'm not a nail :lol:

seem fairly well hammered to me Mctool :beer:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Fraser
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Nice come-back Higgy.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport