keys locked under seat

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

spazmo
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

keys locked under seat

Post by spazmo »

Hello all, does anyone know how to retrieve keys locked in the storage tray under the seat? I forgot they were there and duh, locked the seat down. I will try to take the rear light cover off in the morning, but if anyone knows another way please advise..

Spazmo
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: keys locked under seat

Post by paso750 »

angelix
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1990

Post by angelix »

It is ages I do not use the key to open unlock the seat, us to carefully push the seat forward i think you can unlock it (it is what I do with mine) Alternatively use a scredriver (a big one) as lever and carefully push it out.
:smoke: :beer:
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Post by Mc tool »

don't feel stupid or anything :D I have one car with a push button remote thing ( which drives me nuts ) and a Ford Capri with the ole key ( remember them ) and I have locked the keys in that car at least 6 times I can directly recall ( usually because of the state of panic I was already in when it happens) and there have been other " casual" locking of the keys............usually when some inquisitive bastard wants to talk about the crutches and leg et all , and distracts me (its NEVER my fault ). I will have to get a central locking kit before I get it painted as the door and frame are down to the metal where I have been installing coat hangers .............................aint never locked my keys under the seat tho ..... ;) :lol: :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
spazmo

Post by spazmo »

Well, Mc Tool, theres a first time for everything.. :lol: :lol:
whitepaso
year: 1988

Post by whitepaso »

Have you considered turning the bike upside down and shaking it until the key falls out? :evil:

I think if you can drop the rear inner fender, you should be able to access the storage compartment. Not sure how fasteners are on inside of fender though. Been a while since I had all that apart......I'm pretty sure going into the taillight is a dead-end though because the seat has to be off to fully remove the tail light mount.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Post by Mc tool »

whitepaso wrote:Have you considered turning the bike upside down and shaking it until the key falls out? :evil:
My 1st thought too :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
streetsurfer
year: 1988

Post by streetsurfer »

The seat pan will flex enough (has for me when I did the same) that if you grab both sides and push forward while lifting near the middle of the seat, it will bow a little, effectively shortening it’s length, letting it move free of the rear latch.