Dellorto carbs gone bezerk!!!

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

mach5er
year: 0

Dellorto carbs gone bezerk!!!

Post by mach5er »

Well,
I swapped engines from a donor 750 Paso into my 88 Paso that is pretty darn clean. I kept me Dellorto carbs and installed them to the donor engine. I had some crappy gas left in the Dells and tank. I drained the feul and dropped the bowls on the carbs to clean the slides and seats and such. They were not that rough inside as far as the varnished gas goes. All the throttle action seemed ok visually. After starting it with the choke, she will idle nice for a while. When I take off the choke, it races up to about 3500-4000 RPM. . I shut it off to stop the madness. The carbs have those crappy Uni filters with the foam. I treated the foam elements already. Yet the foam doesn't strech all the way around the housing. There is about a 1/2 inch gap of airspace in each filter. (I don't think this would cause it to do this though)

Sooooo, my question is, is it time for a complete carb overhaul. Is it my main jets. How much USA $$ can I expect to pay for that procedure if needed. I really want an easy answer that doesn't break the bank. Any suggestions??

I excited about riding this bike again. Please help.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

The Dell's are easy to clean and rebuild. http://www.herdan.com has kits and jets in stock. I think the gasket kit for each carb was about $15.

What was wrong with the original engine that you pulled out???
mach5er
year: 0

Post by mach5er »

It has a bad 2nd gear dogs. Another ebgine has a bad countershaft bearing.