hello

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Blac ... 3145967062

Is it O.k for the weber carb?
Jed61
model: 750 Paso
year: 1990

Re: pressure regulator

Post by Jed61 »

NO that sort of regulator will not operate at a low enough pressure for the Webber
It needs 3psi max or it will flood ,i regulated my pressure by putting a restriction (a piece of smaller bore pipe inside the return pipe then put into a fuel can used a longer fuel feed from the tank on a stand to the pump (electrical pump)and measured the pressure at the end of the fuel feed pipe removed from the carb .The restriction I used had a 4mm hole in it although the pressure SHOULD be rechecked with the tank in place and the return pipe connected to the tank :shock:
Pastr
year: 1987

Post by Pastr »

So Jed, just so I'll be sure I'll understand:
In the attached Drawing, in which letter you added the 4mm pipe?
Where you put the pressure gauge?
I presume the question are due to bad English understanding, THANKS.
Attachments
FUEL.png
FUEL.png (143.4 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

That's the wrong picture. The setup with the loop was used in case the tank had no fuel return connection. However also that setup used a Dell Orto jet (size 60). The jet is positioned in the second (left) Y piece in the exit that goes into the loop (or to the tank's fuel return connection). That restriction is not to reduce fuel pressure but to make sure that the fuel return to the tank does not cause the pressure to drop too much.
Jed61
year: 1990

Post by Jed61 »

as already said the diagram is not quite correct but using your diagram the restriction/jet would be in the pipe between the Y piece on the left and the Y piece on the right between the 2 D pipes the pressure gauge would be placed in the end of the pipe D after diconecting it from the webber which should read 3 psi with the pump running :lol: