discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

AmcG
model: 750 Paso
year: 1985

Chain alignment

Post by AmcG »

Hi

So monster wheel is centered and spaced. All good so far.

The chain alignment it’s 5 mm out.

I need to move the gearbox sprocket out to align. Has anyone any experience or suggestions about how to do this? Can you reverse the sprocket with the locking plate fitted engine side?

Thanks for looking...
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1994

Re: Chain alignment

Post by Derek »

There shouldn't be any difficulty reversing the sprocket if it gives you the right chain alignment. Some of the other models have different shoulders, changing the offset.
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
AmcG

Post by AmcG »

Thanks Derek

Anyone else experimented with this?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

You need to move the sprocket outwards and want to install it reversed with the locking ring on the inside? If you would do that the chain position would move inwards if not remain the same.
The ring sits almost at the outer end of the shaft. Installing the sprocket on the outside of the ring is not possible. Also if the ring was on the inner side how would one install the screws and tighten them?

This is one possible solution
http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5429

There may be other Ducati spockets that could work. The one of the 750 Sport probably has too much offset. Also you'd have to take into account what chain you have installed. According to Ian Falloon the very first P750 had a 530 chain which then was replaced with a 520.

G.
AmcG

Post by AmcG »

Once again, bob on Paso 750. I had a look last night and there is no simple solution just using a different sprocket. Using the threaded Centre hole on the shaft is the way to go. I had thought about a plate attached to end of the output shaft that was machined to offer the groove necessary to use the original fixing. Obviously the solution needs the sprocket to have movement on the splines.